Re: Dev Topic #4

Cridone wrote:
CommanderPro100 wrote:
Cridone wrote:- The guards appear to early, make it so they spawn at-least after a minute and a half after holding the document.
Count 90 seconds in your head. Don't you think that's way too long to just be sitting in the cell doing nothing?
I just realized the problem with the loading screen idea, but still, some people actually like reading the document.
I'm actually one of those people that like to read documents. In fact, I annoyed my brother when I stop and read all the papers we come across haha. I agree that the loading screen shouldn't be too long, since no one likes waiting, but people like myself or many Let's players I watch tend to want to read what's on the loading screens. Sadly not a lot of us are the fastest readers....
Lusor1111 wrote:maybe the loading screen can be changed so once it is loaded you can change between the sentences using the arrows? seems like a good solution to me.

Also the dream speech on the loading screen shouldn't jump to the end when it ends loading, i never managed to hear it fully in game. Maybe it should jump tothe end when you click to remobve the screen.

just suggesting.

I like the arrow idea. It sure would make it easier on the readers.
“Fear makes us feel our humanity.” ~Benjamin Disraeli

Then you need to already have the document.

The sentences on the loading screen are supposed to make the objects interesting so you want to see or/and interact wit it, if you can't read it they do a poor job, at least in my opinion. The comments order is always the same, so if it loads fast or it is a post-death loading, you always see the same sentence.

Other solution would be making them swich positions everytime they appear, so even if you only can read the last comment you will see all of them eventually, or make them so they keep changing every ten second or so, even when fully loaded.

Also there is information on the loading screen that is not available in-game, like the one about the foundation, the chaos insurgency, and the dream-speech.
God is perfect -> Nobody is perfect -> I'm nobody --> I'm perfect --> I'm God.

just a question. Does 513-1 actually attacks and wakes you up if you fall asleep ingame? I never foud the room with 420-j since many versions ago so I could not test it.

Lusor1111 wrote:just a question. Does 513-1 actually attacks and wakes you up if you fall asleep ingame? I never foud the room with 420-j since many versions ago so I could not test it.
No, it just spawns, moves around occasionally, and then disappears, nothing else.

Thanks for the response. I was curious since 513-1 reappeared if that part of the article had been included into the game. I'm sad it wasn't, trying to do it had impuled the last 3 hours of game.

Maybe it could be added? I mean shake the camera a bit while reopening the eyes and play the choking sound from when you are dying of gas, the face of 513-1 just in front of you and then it runs away. Just a little thing to make 513 in this game fully canon in all aspects.

Lusor1111 wrote:Thanks for the response. I was curious since 513-1 reappeared if that part of the article had been included into the game. I'm sad it wasn't, trying to do it had impuled the last 3 hours of game.

Maybe it could be added? I mean shake the camera a bit while reopening the eyes and play the choking sound from when you are dying of gas, the face of 513-1 just in front of you and then it runs away. Just a little thing to make 513 in this game fully canon in all aspects.
Well, some SCPs are there to be used ONLY as jumpscare moment to make the game a bit more creepy. 513-1 act a bit like 372, it appear randomly to make you freaked out for nothing. :laugh: