Re: 1.0 Update?

Akatos wrote:Are you planning to use Blitz3D for the next project or rather an other engine? Maybe it's a bit too early to ask that, though.
It really depends on the scale of what he wants to make and what he's comfortable with IMO. I think most people know my opinion of B3D by now so I'll refrain from boring you all.
M-x dingus-mode

Akatos wrote:Are you planning to use Blitz3D for the next project or rather an other engine? Maybe it's a bit too early to ask that, though.
Nope, I won't be using Blitz3D anymore. I've been looking into Unity, but I'm not really a fan of the component-based architecture (I guess I could get used to it after a while...) and I'm worried that some of the features I've planned for the game (lots of procedurally generated content and possibly online multiplayer) might prove to be too tedious to achieve with Unity. So now I'm leaning towards writing my own engine using C# and probably Monogame + some other libraries.
pichapie wrote:was wondering if ever in the 1.0 update, they fix the pocket dimension a bit
Sorry but there won't be any major changes/additions to the pocket dimension. The only difference is that now the probability of getting teleported out of there is slightly higher.

Regalis wrote:So now I'm leaning towards writing my own engine using C# and probably Monogame + some other libraries.
Lua script engine Lua script engine Lua script engine Lua script engine Lua script engine :laugh:

If we take for example SCP:CB, if the room events were programmed via external script, you could easily mod in new rooms if the map generation were also done via external script.

Lua is just a personal preference of script language but any works :)
SCP - Box of Horrors v0.8.0b
Twitter
Github Profile

Regalis wrote:
Nope, I won't be using Blitz3D anymore. I've been looking into Unity, but I'm not really a fan of the component-based architecture (I guess I could get used to it after a while...) and I'm worried that some of the features I've planned for the game (lots of procedurally generated content and possibly online multiplayer) might prove to be too tedious to achieve with Unity. So now I'm leaning towards writing my own engine using C# and probably Monogame + some other libraries.
Interesting......

Have you added that document i sent you a few months ago yet?
This profile's been around for nearly eight years

RIP

(last edited 10/09/2020)

Regalis wrote:I've been looking into Unity, but I'm not really a fan of the component-based architecture.
Welcome to the club!
So now I'm leaning towards writing my own engine using C# and probably Monogame + some other libraries.
I'm interested in how you write games in OOP languages; especially since that was one of my biggest problems with Blitz. Though, that's because I hate procedural languages that aren't C.
InnocentSam wrote:Lua is just a personal preference of script language but any works
Lua is probably best, it has arguably the easiest wrappers to use.
M-x dingus-mode

Regalis wrote:So now I'm leaning towards writing my own engine using C#
Reg3D

Code: Select all

Omniary: fuck you anglerfish can't smell
Dr. Trialtrex21: how you know bitch
Omniary: it probably could smell you though
could probably smell your fucking dank ass nasty powersuit structure gel trog ass enslaved protein bullshit sloshing in your suit from a mile away

Trialtrex21 wrote:
Regalis wrote:So now I'm leaning towards writing my own engine using C#
Reg3D
Indeed Reg3D

Trex, your avatar looks stranger than before :shock:
This profile's been around for nearly eight years

RIP

(last edited 10/09/2020)