Re: SCP Containment breach Xbox 360 Edtion. Yes or no?

Sorry but I'm not going to start the game basically from scratch on another engine/language, but if anyone else wants to and has the skills to do it (my programming experience outside Blitz is very limited so I don't feel like the right person for the job), go ahead.
I highly doubt anyone will make a 360 version for this game since it'll take money to convert it into a 360 game, update it and even put it in the marketplace will cost money. So they'd have to make money off the game and that would be copyright. I wish there was a 360 version but the simple answer is no.
Afaik releasing indie games on Xbox Live isn't that expensive so I doubt that would be a problem. Asking money for the game wouldn't be a problem either, the license which the SCP wiki and SCPCB are under allows selling any derivative work based on them as long as you give credit to the original authors.

Regalis wrote:Sorry but I'm not going to start the game basically from scratch on another engine/language, but if anyone else wants to and has the skills to do it (my programming experience outside Blitz is very limited so I don't feel like the right person for the job), go ahead.
I highly doubt anyone will make a 360 version for this game since it'll take money to convert it into a 360 game, update it and even put it in the marketplace will cost money. So they'd have to make money off the game and that would be copyright. I wish there was a 360 version but the simple answer is no.
Afaik releasing indie games on Xbox Live isn't that expensive so I doubt that would be a problem. Asking money for the game wouldn't be a problem either, the license which the SCP wiki and SCPCB are under allows selling any derivative work based on them as long as you give credit to the original authors.
would you join a SCP:CB remake project on a new engine if it was very successful?

Mirocaine wrote:would you join a SCP:CB remake project on a new engine if it was very successful?
It seems all of the current porting projects are still in their infancy or simply frozen/dead, but if any of them really got off the ground with a competent dev team that doesn't abandon the project as soon as they realize how much work it will take, why not. As I've said, I don't know much about C++ and wouldn't be able to help that much if that language was chosen. With the little free time I have because of school and other IRL stuff (I'm currently studying computer sciences in Turku University of Applied Sciences), I doubt it would be a quick task to learn a language that is so different from everything that I've used before. However, we're studying C# and Java at school and I think I'm already at the level where I could be of use if either of those were used for the project (Unity?).

Regalis wrote:It seems all of the current porting projects are still in their infancy or simply frozen/dead, but if any of them really got off the ground with a competent dev team that doesn't abandon the project as soon as they realize how much work it will take, why not.
Well, as I mentioned, the conversion to Unity is still active, although with a slow progress.

Currently the people who is working on the project are Capy and D-9999. If someone I can help them, I'm sure they would appreciate it.
SCP classified documents
SCP-895 Containment chamber modification
D-9341 memoirs
Old topics of interest

Yeah me and Chris didn't get too far on the work with the Unity version. Sort of my fault cause I slacked off at some point Damn you Dota 2
I did however take a crash course in learning Unity and understand a couple basic things about it's interface and components, It's just taking free time to put efforts into getting it rolling (and figuring out how the hell you share such a big project with other people).

Unity is free, has a huge amount of possible game implementations, compatible with just about every OS, can use Java, C++, or C# for programming in a project. You could literally do all the NPC AI in Javascript and other programmer could write your map generation in C# or something and it all compiles fine together in the end.

UDK looks beautiful and has tons of nice FX, but I feel Unity is more flexible and available to any developer.

The only other engine I can think of is the upcoming Source 2 by Valve for Steam (as the editor tools are great). But I'm not sure how that might go, or if many devs here are familiar with Steam and or Source engine.

Of course yeah, the big issue is how much time it takes to complete school, life, family and other things while working on a Free project like that. When you look at AAA companies, those guys are being paid wages and literally do that for a living. Plenty of time and benefits.