Re: 1.0 Update?

hug0905 wrote: Yes there will be a final update, since now the game will be in beta, so after that, only a few updates to go (at least), then a final version.

Wait wut.
Kiddo, you haven't been developing for this game for the past 2 years. This game enters beta when Regalis says it enters beta ("Sings it").
Of course, he may be human too and decide to call it good, his choice.

Beta means the game is finished, that any extra content is a minimum of bugfixes and final additions. A game goes gold when it's considered "bug free" and then released onto the market, of course that doesn't prevent the public from being more thorough from beta testers and finding more exploits that'll need to be patched. I guess you can consider 1.0 a finally thorough game.

Mirocaine wrote:
hug0905 wrote: Yes there will be a final update, since now the game will be in beta, so after that, only a few updates to go (at least), then a final version.

Wait wut.
Kiddo, you haven't been developing for this game for the past 2 years. This game enters beta when Regalis says it enters beta ("Sings it").
Of course, he may be human too and decide to call it good, his choice.

Beta means the game is finished, that any extra content is a minimum of bugfixes and final additions. A game goes gold when it's considered "bug free" and then released onto the market, of course that doesn't prevent the public from being more thorough from beta testers and finding more exploits that'll need to be patched. I guess you can consider 1.0 a finally thorough game.
Ow thanks for the information Mr. Mirocaine :)

hug0905 wrote:
Mirocaine wrote:
gameroyale wrote:This isn't just an update.. It's the final version of the game so it might take some more time :)
There will never be a final update.
Yes there will be a final update, since now the game will be in beta, so after that, only a few updates to go (at least), then a final version.
Mirocaine wrote: Not until the enigma lead developer (AKA: "Regalis") decides to sing it.
Wait wut.
I seriously doubt it, there's no clear limit or boundary that can be strictly established by a developer unless the developer says so, TBH, i've never seen SCP:CB as a game that could be classified in alpha or beta stages since there is no testing and it's like pretty much one of these games that are released basic and then progressed from there.
sup

roger copy bravo tango mango

Irontaco wrote: I seriously doubt it, there's no clear limit or boundary that can be strictly established by a developer unless the developer says so, TBH, i've never seen SCP:CB as a game that could be classified in alpha or beta stages since there is no testing and it's like pretty much one of these games that are released basic and then progressed from there.
That being said, I think Reg would be better off not adding more content to the game after 1.0. It's pretty obvious to anyone who's looked at CB's source code that the game doesn't scale very well. I'd be much more interested in Reg starting a new project applying what he learned from CB and CS, rather than tacking on content to his engine that isn't suited to support it.
M-x dingus-mode

Postby MonocleBios » Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:50 am

Irontaco wrote:
I seriously doubt it, there's no clear limit or boundary that can be strictly established by a developer unless the developer says so, TBH, i've never seen SCP:CB as a game that could be classified in alpha or beta stages since there is no testing and it's like pretty much one of these games that are released basic and then progressed from there.

That being said, I think Reg would be better off not adding more content to the game after 1.0. It's pretty obvious to anyone who's looked at CB's source code that the game doesn't scale very well. I'd be much more interested in Reg starting a new project applying what he learned from CB and CS, rather than tacking on content to his engine that isn't suited to support it.
well said

Everyone calm down, they will give us the release date when they can confirm that it will be released on the certain date
I know you, but you don't know me.
I see you. Don't believe me?
Here is some proof:

==================
| You are viewing my post |
==================