CB Sentience Thread

Discuss about how CB seems sentient here.

Turn off 173, then go in the tunnel where he appears.

What happens, is when the time comes to spawn him, the game cant because hes off, so it turns him on.

Amazing.
"now that the victim is in place, the killing bite will be administered in 10 seconds." --Valve.

Beware the man that speaks in hands.

☜☝☞☟ ✌

Re: CB Sentience Thread

SFK363 wrote:I don't really think this thread is necessary. After all, this is a game, and it's in alpha stage, so you should expect some bugs, even if they are scary.
This.

And I've never had this happen with 173. Sometimes I'll disable 106 in the console and he'll appear, but if its 173, then he will appear but not move.
YOUR DEATH IS INEVITABLE

I still don't understand why SCP-173 refuses to go into SCP-914's room. I haven't coded any kind of system that would stop it from going there, and the blast doors can't be the reason since 173 has no trouble going through the other blast doors. The only explanation is that SCP-173 has become sentient, and it knows that SCP-914 is the only thing in the facility that can destroy it.

Regalis wrote:I still don't understand why SCP-173 refuses to go into SCP-914's room. I haven't coded any kind of system that would stop it from going there, and the blast doors can't be the reason since 173 has no trouble going through the other blast doors. The only explanation is that SCP-173 has become sentient, and it knows that SCP-914 is the only thing in the facility that can destroy it.
Sure it isn't something in 914s coding?
Else it seems 173 has learned what is written about it and 914 on the wikia, and is scared to death of 914 now.
What fun is there in making sense?
Now, if you will excuse me i have some chaos to wreak.
Resident forum robot monkey, and chaos incarnate.

Regalis wrote:I still don't understand why SCP-173 refuses to go into SCP-914's room. I haven't coded any kind of system that would stop it from going there, and the blast doors can't be the reason since 173 has no trouble going through the other blast doors. The only explanation is that SCP-173 has become sentient, and it knows that SCP-914 is the only thing in the facility that can destroy it.

Regalis, you need to see what else you can make sentient. A sentient game will be scary.
"now that the victim is in place, the killing bite will be administered in 10 seconds." --Valve.

☜☝☞☟ ✌

I can usually get him in their...
YOUR DEATH IS INEVITABLE

SCP-682 wrote:
Update. Update now.

☜☝☞☟ ✌

Combine wrote:
SCP-682 wrote:
Update. Update now.
Just so you know... do you have ANY IDEA how FUCKING HARD it is to get him in their AND to STAY PUT? Its ridiculous. Its impossible. Turning the key moves your view so he can move. Then he kills you. Having the ability to destroy him through 914 would be so difficult it would be pointless- plus he can trap you in a corner 99% of the time so you have to noclip past him- and if you're willing to use commands, you should be willing to jsut disable.
YOUR DEATH IS INEVITABLE

Strange, 173 can enter 914 just fine for me! Is it a bud inside of a bug? No joke there.
Heheh, you said a bad word.

All of you guys really are special. Did you guys know that? Yes you guys are! Each in your own special way.