Harmful/helpful SCPs - SCP 035 and alternate ending?

Lately there have been a plethora of SCP additions, and not one has been beneficial to the player's survival. In fact, there are many, many more SCPs that can kill you than can help - and even the ones that can help also have the potential to kill you. There should be more SCP additions that have the capability to help you beat the game, but being SCP:CB they should also fall under that terror and "potentially murderous" theme.

Going off this, it seems that all the complex/intellgent SCPs ultimately end up being able to help you, such as 079. Maybe this should be in a different forum/subforum, but why donn't we add scp 035? It's a truly terrifying SCP but also highly intelligent, so it is a great candidate for a new help/harm SCP. It is also a keter level scp, and how many keter scps are in the facility that the player can meet other than 106? Shouldn't be too hard to implement, and oh did I mention it is thematically perfect for CB?

Rant is over. Feedback would be appreciated.
Last edited by scpharrisee on Fri May 03, 2013 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Yes, it's a goddamn nuke, but if 682 survives and adapts we'd be boned beyond belief."

Re: Hostile SCPs in CB - 035 suggestion

scpharrisee wrote:Lately there have been a plethora of SCP additions, and not one has been beneficial to the player's survival. In fact, there are many, many more SCPs that can kill you than can help - and even the ones that can help also have the potential to kill you. There should be more SCP additions that have the capability to help you beat the game, but being SCP:CB they should also fall under that terror and "potentially murderous" theme.

Going off this, it seems that all the complex/intellgent SCPs ultimately end up being able to help you, such as 079. Maybe this should be in a different forum/subforum, but why donn't we add scp 035? It's a truly terrifying SCP but also highly intelligent, so it is a great candidate for a new help/harm SCP. It is also a keter level scp, and how many keter scps are in the facility that the player can meet other than 106? Shouldn't be too hard to implement, and oh did I mention it is thematically perfect for CB?

Rant is over. Feedback would be appreciated.
Well... SCP-500 helps you. SCP-914 helps you. SCP-714 also helps you. As does 420-J (calms the nerves). The game only has around 6 "Kill on sight" Scips, so I don't see the problem here. Plus any more help, and the game will lose some of its "Your all alone, and your gonna die" feel.

Yes, I included 914 in that list though I didn't implicitly state it. And the "alone" feel will never go away, I didn't suggest creating a friendly Easter bunny scp; all I'm saying is that a major future addition shouldn't simply be another insta-killer, but a neutral scp - one with the potential to both kill and help you. maybe this could lead to a new, alternate ending? i feel that 035 would be a cool scp for this - he could convince you that he was nice, while he was actually making you run around as part of his sadistic plans. it's just an idea for now.
"Yes, it's a goddamn nuke, but if 682 survives and adapts we'd be boned beyond belief."

scpharrisee wrote:Yes, I included 914 in that list though I didn't implicitly state it. And the "alone" feel will never go away, I didn't suggest creating a friendly Easter bunny scp; all I'm saying is that a major future addition shouldn't simply be another insta-killer, but a neutral scp - one with the potential to both kill and help you. maybe this could lead to a new, alternate ending? i feel that 035 would be a cool scp for this - he could convince you that he was nice, while he was actually making you run around as part of his sadistic plans. it's just an idea for now.
Huh, I see your point... In that case I kinda like it. 53 would be a fun Zinger Scip to add too. I suppose 82 could be a fun addition as well.

I have to confess, one of the main reasons I started this thread is because I'm itching to see 035 make it in the game :D

Either way, I would love for a future SCP addition to have the aforementioned qualities. And Agent Schlocky, I like the idea of adding a human-like SCP into the game - it'll be a refreshing change from all the alien ones in the facility so far! Just imagine:

scp-053: hello!
player: what have we here, a little girl? what are you doing in the facility! :D
D-9341: MUST...KILL...LITTLE...GIRL!
player: WTF ARE YOU DOING?!!!

no but srsly, 035 is too good not to be in the game. and how many keter level scps have the player actually encountered in the game?
Last edited by scpharrisee on Wed May 01, 2013 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

I was thinking that for the alternate ending with 035, you discover that an MTF is attempting to communicate with you through a radio channel, and explains how he is critically injured and has lost all contact with fellow MTF units. He asks for your assistance to help him escape, and in return he promises to help you escape as well. Afterwards, the MTF gives the player a series of hints that will help the player to locate him. All the while, the MTF talking to the player is a badly decaying body in 035's containment chamber, possessed by a freedom-seeking 035.

After the player finally encounters the possessed MTF (in/around 035's containment chamber), other MTF units enter and are about to kill the player when 035 convinces the possessed MTF to shoot down the units. The locked door ahead then opens, leading to a pathway that ultimately leads to a "Gate C" from which the player can escape the facility. However, 035 tries to telepathically lure D-9341 back, as to make him the new host for the mask. At this point, two different things can happen:

1. The player resists 035's pull and escapes through the facility, yet is greeted by a team of SCP doctors who carry him away for psychiatric evaluation.
-or
2. The player doesn't resist 035's pull, and ultimately puts the mask on to become a decaying and mindless host who is ultimately terminated by a special MTF unit.

This way, 035 could be that helpful/dangerous major SCP addition - helpful in that he leads you to a Gate C and kills the MTFs that try to exterminate you, but dangerous in that he tries to back stab you and make you his zombified host.

^ A very interesting idea. Seems like it would require a lot of work, but it has the potential to be awesome, nonetheless.

You want more helpful SCPs that can still put the player at risk? Well how about SCP-427 (Lovecraftian Locket)? It's highly rated (almost to 100), and since the game already features both SCP-500 AND SCP-914, it should be easy to put in. The player just has to place one pill into the input booth, set 914 to "fine", and then the pill will be transformed into a locket! And if the player wears the locket for too long, we can get a game over sequence in which the player becomes a horrible squirming monster that gets terminated by the MTF.

Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if Regalis already had this in mind. It's just so obvious!

Yeah, I was mainly thinking of using 035 (or some semi-hostile/intelligent SCP) as the means of having a fresh new ending sequence. But since 500 and 914 are already in the game, there is no reason why 427 isn't in also! It would be interesting, as you could use it to stop blood loss (and maybe cure SCP 008 if that's canon), and ultimately you could become a superhuman beast that would resist bullets form MTFs and break open doors - only to get lured by MTF units and trapped in superheated chambers designed to dsiable/kill 427 "flesh beasts". Not sure how the second part would be implemented in gameplay, but 427 is definitely a no-brainer!

I once remember seeing a post in I think Suggestions General that showed a 035 model made by the guy who posted the comment. Look around in that topic and you might find it. As for 035 actually being in the game, I don't know, really. Not because of its effects or whatnot but because 035 flat out confuses me. On a side note, I will say that a Keter-class SCP that actually helps the player out would be a very interesting addition.