Re: Gate A Ending 2 Text request

CLgaming wrote:
CommanderPro100 wrote:
Omniary wrote:" *log start* Testing *indecipherable* ███. Subject ███. Subject demonstrates extraordinary luck and complete mastery of even the most fatal of circumstances and an uncanny ability to predict even the most unpredictable of hazards, almost as if it has performed these impossible tasks several times before. Further testing is required to determine whether the subject should receive SCP classification. *log end* "
.....you have got to be kidding me. That's got to be the most stupidest ending by far.
Well my friend, I think so too. But they may have said that because no-one expected a simple Class-D to make it out of the facility with pure instinct. I'm sure they have learned the error of their hypothesis afterwards.
I knew some people wouldn't like this ending which is why I was a bit hesitant to add it, but I still think it's a pretty clever way of subtly breaking the fourth wall and letting D-9341 live (at least for a while). If you think about it, D-9341 didn't make it out with pure instinct - there are situations in every playthrough where he couldn't have survived without the knowledge the player has about the game.

The original text took the idea even further, but I decided to omit most of it to keep it from becoming a complete joke.
Subject appears to be detached from all human interaction, often breaking focus from people he is conversing with and performing odd actions such as jumping up on the highest platforms in the room, picking up and throwing objects across the room, and dropping items it was carrying on to the nearest person's head. Researchers are encouraged to ignore this behavior in order to discourage it

Subject often goes in to brief trance-like states when startled, freezing up for periods lasting up to several minutes. After the time has passed, the subject will resume normal activity with no outward reaction to what has just happened.

Subject demonstrates extraordinary luck and complete mastery of even the most fatal of circumstances and an uncanny ability to predict even the most unpredictable of hazards, almost as if it has performed these impossible tasks several times before.

Regalis wrote:I knew some people wouldn't like this ending which is why I was a bit hesitant to add it, but I still think it's a pretty clever way of subtly breaking the fourth wall and letting D-9341 live (at least for a while). If you think about it, D-9341 didn't make it out with pure instinct - there are situations in every playthrough where he couldn't have survived without the knowledge the player has about the game.
It's not really that I hate the ending, it's just that I don't think this should be one of the main endings the player can reach at Gate A. This would work better as a difficult-to-reach easter egg ending, imo.
Regalis wrote:Subject appears to be detached from all human interaction, often breaking focus from people he is conversing with and performing odd actions such as jumping up on the highest platforms in the room, picking up and throwing objects across the room, and dropping items it was carrying on to the nearest person's head. Researchers are encouraged to ignore this behavior in order to discourage it.
What?

CommanderPro100 wrote:
Regalis wrote:Subject appears to be detached from all human interaction, often breaking focus from people he is conversing with and performing odd actions such as jumping up on the highest platforms in the room, picking up and throwing objects across the room, and dropping items it was carrying on to the nearest person's head. Researchers are encouraged to ignore this behavior in order to discourage it.
What?
W3r3 d11d my b741n g0?
STEAM
## LOG OFF.

CommanderPro100 wrote:
Regalis wrote:I knew some people wouldn't like this ending which is why I was a bit hesitant to add it, but I still think it's a pretty clever way of subtly breaking the fourth wall and letting D-9341 live (at least for a while). If you think about it, D-9341 didn't make it out with pure instinct - there are situations in every playthrough where he couldn't have survived without the knowledge the player has about the game.
It's not really that I hate the ending, it's just that I don't think this should be one of the main endings the player can reach at Gate A. This would work better as a difficult-to-reach easter egg ending, imo.
In all fairness, this ending isn't really the one you're supposed to get at Gate A. The main ending is the 106 one, this one is just there if you happened to contain him. Remember when there wasn't even an ending for when you contained 106? Yeah, this is just there to get rid of that happening. It'd be pretty different if this was a Gate C ending or something.

That said I actually do like this ending, I kind of prefer it to the Insurgency one to be honest, I think it's a clever nod and I think the fate fits D-9341, to be classified as an item in the compound he was trying to escape from.
It slep time bunner.

I think the ending could have some tweaks, The tweaks should be that the blast door is closed, and the door to the bottom on the left is locked. Once the player gets close to the blast door it will open revealing several MTFs behind it pointing there guns at the player while the player will start to walk very slowly. After a second MTF/GateA.ogg will play and the door near the elevator will open and MTFs will walk towards the player. After that the ending screen comes up.

I honestly think this will fix the bug of - you can walk past the MTFs when they start going towards the elevator and ignore you.

Sorry for the horrible wording.
The preparation for a dive is always a tense time

CommanderPro100 wrote:
What?
I think it's a joke to games where you can pick up objects and throw them, Such as Half-Life 2. And platforming. Because the player is bored of dialogue.
I Survived SCP-106's Pocket Dimension And All I Got Was This Stupid ID Card

Halosammy wrote:Speaking of endings. I would like to ask Regalis if he is planning on eventually bringing this to version 1.0. It would be awesome. I know the fanbase has gotten smaller, but we are really dedicated to making this a better game.
Of course this game will eventually hit it's full version. I mean, its obvious since it's been in development for more than a year now.
STEAM
## LOG OFF.