Re: STOP HIDING

not sure if i want to even try the new version if thats the case -_-. im still annoyed that :173: can randomly spawn in the room your in for no good reason. god the 1st time i heard that noise just...... ggfdgdsg heck i have it on my youtube the 1st time i encountered it.

I'm at a loss as to how anyone could find a feature like this cool, or even scary. It's obnoxious. With all the time that could have been spent fixing other things, and instead something like this is made? I love SCP: Containment Breach, but this is one of those "What were you thinking?" moments that cannot be explained.

Sure, it could be a cool meta-scare type feature. Hey, you know what would be REALLY scary. If being killed by SCP-173 caused your computer to actually crash, now THAT would be terrifying. It would be definitely be scary in that outside-the-box sort of way, wouldn't it? Let me ask you then, would you actually play it? Hey, we're up to Version 0.9; it's going to take a bit more effort to rustle our jimmies at this point.

For me, a pause feature--a REAL pause feature--is one of the non-negotiable rules of video gaming. To paraphrase James Rolfe, the Angry Video Game Nerd, who put it more eloquently than I ever could:

"What if you have to take a shit, or answer the phone? Well too bad! I've got shit stains in my ass, and an answering machine that says 'Sorry, I can't come to the phone right now. I'm playing SCP: Containment Breach'. What a selfish game. The bottom line is, have a fucking pause button!"

There are features that are cool, there are features that are scary, and there are features that are obnoxious. The lack of a pause button takes "obnoxious" to a level it shouldn't be taken, a level where even designers of early NES games would be disappointed.

Now, before you all hold me down and show me a picture of SCP-096's face, understand that I do love this game. And I do think Regalis has done an awesome job with what limited resources he, an individual and not a major game developer, has at his disposal. I haven't played it since I think 0.6-something, though, because due to its nature as an alpha build, it tends to be a barely playable mess. I've followed subsequent releases and saw, to be honest, nothing of interest added to them and nothing major fixed in them. And that's fine. We're not OWED anything. But when the guards in the intro still walk like they have a turd in their underwear and 173 still randomly descends from the ceiling like Monster Jesus, it's frustrating when the next order of business is apparently to disable one of the most basic and important features in any and every video game. Are we taking out the save feature next?

JoeKool82185 wrote: Now, before you all hold me down and show me a picture of SCP-096's face, understand that I do love this game.
HONEY WE NEED TO GET THE PICTURE OF 096.

But in all seriousness, I do agree with what you have said. And you know what you're right. It was a quite stupid thing to add and it makes pausing useless. What if I need to poop or pee? I would pause right? But the games say "NOPE" and screams at me in return. I remember when it first happened to me. I tabbed out and started searching some stuff up when all of a sudden I heard the jumpscare noise. Thinking I forgot to pause, I paused it again and went back to my business. When it happened 2 more times, I realized what had happened. I really dislike this feature. Although it could probably be removed easily.
Heheh, you said a bad word.

All of you guys really are special. Did you guys know that? Yes you guys are! Each in your own special way.

It happened to me when I had to answer a phone call. I paused the game during the intro sequence shortly before 173 escapes. It was a really bad moment to unpause the game while I was AFK :P
Do you think NASA invented thunderstorms to cover up the sound of space battles?