Re: STOP HIDING

SCP-500 wrote:Theres many ways to fix it without removing it.

-Make it so it doesn't unpause the game.
-Move it to keter difficulty.
-Extend the time limit.
^This
NightSilencer10 wrote:I have a valid suggestion... What if instead of lets call it "Stop hiding" the pause would not work if a scp was a certain distance from the player, and instead the scp-079 beep sound would play.
Well, it looks like the game Slender: The eight pages... Plus, it can be abusive to spot SCPs around you.

Kev wrote:it can be abusive to spot SCPs around you.
Probably not, if used right. For example, pause prevention in circumstances such as:
* Being close enough to The Sculpture that a sound cue would also be triggered upon seeing it (Basically, same criteria as what triggers sound cues when it's near to you either by you approaching it, or it getting close to you when you blink or look away)
* If The Old Man has started chasing (As indicated by "Bump in the Night" playing in the background)
* If The Shy Guy is in a non-idle state (Raging or already enraged)
* Can't think of something yet on The Plague Doctor to make it fair (Maybe if you just got hit by a -2 instance?).
* Same with Nine-Tailed Fox (Maybe if spotted and being chased?).

Every other SCP is either inanimate or not a direct threat. Furthermore, the above circumstances listed are instances where the player is already aware of the threat, so it couldn't really be "abused" in a way.
Last edited by Nightmare Tank on Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Nightmares...will last...FOREVEEEEERRRRR!
In the event that Nightmare Tank tries to take charge, Dr. Glitch is to warn it, until it ceases its behaviour.

This was a small last minute addition that I thought would work as a sort of meta-scare, but I agree that I didn't really think it through well enough and chose a really bad way to implement it.

I did some changes to it, and how it works now is that it only happens once per game, and the menu closes one second after you pause but only if you are right next to SCP-173 or SCP-106.
JoeKool82185 wrote:With all the time that could have been spent fixing other things, and instead something like this is made?
This was like 8 lines of code and took a minute or two to add.

Regalis wrote:This was a small last minute addition that I thought would work as a sort of meta-scare, but I agree that I didn't really think it through well enough and chose a really bad way to implement it.

I did some changes to it, and how it works now is that it only happens once per game, and the menu closes one second after you pause but only if you are right next to SCP-173 or SCP-106.
JoeKool82185 wrote:With all the time that could have been spent fixing other things, and instead something like this is made?
This was like 8 lines of code and took a minute or two to add.
That sounds much better :)
Thanks a lot Reg, it simply wasn't very practical as it was.

Regalis wrote:This was a small last minute addition that I thought would work as a sort of meta-scare, but I agree that I didn't really think it through well enough and chose a really bad way to implement it.

Could you use further criteria to trigger this second-long pause, such as in the circumstances I suggested?
Nightmare Tank wrote:* Being close enough to The Sculpture that a sound cue would also be triggered upon seeing it (Basically, same criteria as what triggers sound cues when it's near to you either by you approaching it, or it getting close to you when you blink or look away)
* If The Old Man has started chasing (As indicated by "Bump in the Night" playing in the background)
* If The Shy Guy is in a non-idle state (Raging or already enraged)
* Can't think of something yet on The Plague Doctor to make it fair (Maybe if you just got hit by a -2 instance?).
* Same with Nine-Tailed Fox (Maybe if spotted and being chased?).
In the event that Nightmare Tank tries to take charge, Dr. Glitch is to warn it, until it ceases its behaviour.

Brunou8 wrote:
Soulzarath wrote:There's a reason why we pause the game. I don't approve of this feature. It's unnecessary and stupid.
That's just your opinion, unnecessary? This is a horror game... stupid? Why?
Well yes it is my opinion. I just think that the pause option shouldn't be tampered with. We don't just pause the game for no reason. We do it because we need to piss or something. Having to restart the game from wherever because of this is just annoying. Not everyone will agree that the pause option should actually be used to pause the game but...whatever.
Sometimes i need to know when to stop so i dont get my ass handled

KCF

Oh Soul...
I wouldn't call it "stupid" or anything like that, but a really mean last-minute addition by Regalis. Personally I wouldn't mind this feature if it activated after... say.. 2-3 minutes instead of 30 seconds.
Maybe this could be for "Keter" difficulty only. I remember many people getting a little bored with the current difficulty, so taking away their ability to pause for long would only add to the challenge.

God, that sounds like a separate "HARDCORE" Mode. No saving, no pausing, no hope.
My Youtube Account: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSerimah

Serimah wrote:Oh Soul...
I wouldn't call it "stupid" or anything like that, but a really mean last-minute addition by Regalis. Personally I wouldn't mind this feature if it activated after... say.. 2-3 minutes instead of 30 seconds.
Maybe this could be for "Keter" difficulty only. I remember many people getting a little bored with the current difficulty, so taking away their ability to pause for long would only add to the challenge.

God, that sounds like a separate "HARDCORE" Mode. No saving, no pausing, no hope.
I support this. Keter mode pause failure. I play Keter mode mainly, when I'm not having problems with my computer or am not getting dragged away elsewhere, so I'd say for cert this would be an awesome feature. Especially since Keter mode is basically the hardcore do-this-in-one-sitting mode anyway.