better healing idea.

So during a very weird chat with cridone, we were thinking of how the medical kit disappears when used, and then we had ideas for...

better health ideas.

BANDAGES:
Spoiler
bandages can be found in various places, in medical bays, shelves, and a later idea, first aid boxes. A bandage is used by clicking onto a 'status' menu on the inventory that shows an outline of a human. Then wherever there is an injury, such as lets say 939 bitten you and yet somehow you lived the first bite, the injury would be 'severe' and maybe in the chest or neck. and possibly if a zombie whacks you you could have an injury on your arm. so the bandage can be used by clicking on the area you want to heal, and a box appears saying: would you like to bandage this spot? yes? no? Then after the course of a certain amount of time, that injury would heal. then you get a bloody bandage.
BLOODY BANDAGE:
Spoiler
once healed you get this item. it cannot heal the player as it cant be placed back on, and serves as a useful item. it will be placed in your inventory once take off your body, and if there is no room, you take it and put it on the floor (drop it). placing it in SCP-914 on fine, it becomes a clean bandage, very fine it becomes a large bandage. but on 1:1, it becomes 'dry meat'. then when dry meat is placed in 914 and processed through 'fine' or 'very fine' it becomes 'bloody meat'.
BLOODY MEAT:
Spoiler
bloody meat can be used to distract SCPs such as 939, 106, zombies, and 096 if he is calm. Sometimes they will eat the meat, serving as a much longer distraction.
LARGE BANDAGE:
Spoiler
a larger bandage that can heal longer areas, maybe a full arm or leg, and heals much quicker. can be made when a regular bandage is put in 914 on fine.
FIRST AID BOX:
Spoiler
a first aid box is an item that contains a few medical items, bandages, SCP-500-01, pain pills, temperature readers, and large bandages. this cats like a clipboard in box of horrors, holds multiple items. it can be carried around and items can be put in it. It can contain 8 items at max.
PAIN PILLS:
Spoiler
a fake healer. it keeps the player 70% more healed than they were before, but after the course of 8 minuets you begin to return to your previous state.
TEMPERATURE READER:
Spoiler
Clicking on this makes you get a small meter on the HUD that tells you if you are infected by SCP-008 or are in gas. a red meter fills up for 008 and black fills up for gas effect.
so yea, these are mine and cridone's ideas. they did go farther but they were too silly and wouldn't work in a game like CB.

like? yes or no? :035:
bleh

Re: better healing idea.

bandages can be found in various places, in medical bays, shelves, and a later idea, first aid boxes. A bandage is used by clicking onto a 'status' menu on the inventory that shows an outline of a human. Then wherever there is an injury, such as lets say 939 bitten you and yet somehow you lived the first bite, the injury would be 'severe' and maybe in the chest or neck. and possibly if a zombie whacks you you could have an injury on your arm. so the bandage can be used by clicking on the area you want to heal, and a box appears saying: would you like to bandage this spot? yes? no? Then after the course of a certain amount of time, that injury would heal. then you get a bloody bandage.
I don't think the yes and no part should be added. A other thing to note is that a single bandage is weak against at Medical Kit.

I also like the idea of a large bandage, the bloody bandage also makes the game realistic.

I would approve this if this was very common and takes lots of bandages to heal a single severe wound.
bloody meat can be used to distract SCPs such as 939, 106, zombies, and 096 if he is calm. Sometimes they will eat the meat, serving as a much longer distraction.
I would like the idea if there were more SCP's that eat meat but...

- 939 and 106 do not eat meat (I'm not sure about 939), 096 also doesn't exactly eat meat because...
SCP-096 will proceed to kill and [DATA EXPUNGED] SCP-096-1. 100% of cases have left no traces of SCP-096-1.
We don't exactly know if 096 eats meat...

For the zombies ehhh... I don't know it might be okay because zombies kind of eat meat but not entirely.

I would disapprove this.

For the first aid box I would say, no to temperature readers, and no to 500-1 being in the box, just no. If it wasn't added in then I would approve it. (I am not being mean :P)

I have no choice.

As for the pain pills, very nice idea. I like the idea of a temporal healing item.

I approve this item.

For the temperature readers, I don't find a use because 008 is already known after because you have a red tint on the screen. For the gas mask effect I would be okay with that...

I have no choice.

I agree that the healing system needs to be discussed but all these objects would make it more complicated. Much people thinks that the game becomes better when it's more simple, and I agree. I will make an example and take a game called Corpse Party: BloodDrive as reference:

The game has many traps along the map. There's also enemies which appear randomly. The game itself resembles to SCP:CB. The healing system is another thing, it's very simple. You enter the in-game menu, select and use the bandages, and it cures you instantly in the menu. You can see how the life bar fills at that moment. There's no waiting time, there's no complicated details. See? Very simple, it's like Resident Evil's healing system.

Speaking about items, I think it should become a bandage. However, they should be in openable Medkits scattered around all the facility and sticked to the walls. So, the only thing that the player has to do is to open the Medkit sticked to the wall and pick up the bandage.
SCP classified documents
SCP-895 Containment chamber modification
D-9341 memoirs
Old topics of interest

The meat part made me think for some reason what it'd be like if there were refrigerators or freezers that you could open, or better yet freezer rooms (whatever that's actually called). It makes sense to have something like that when you think about it - you've gotta get food from somewhere and you're certainly not going to get it as a shipment everyday from outside for such a huge facility, what you would rather do it store it somewhere cold, and there's already a perfect place for it and it's the cafeteria.
I can't think of any point of having it though, other than just for the sake of it.. But just wanted to put it out there.

Anyway, to get on-topic.
I agree with this on the most part, but to paraphrase what Brunou said: it overcomplicates things.
The bandages I definitely agree on, serving as a weaker type of aid kit perhaps?
The bloody meat and bloody bandage seem kind of useless, like others have mentioned it doesn't really make sense for any of the things you mentioned to get attracted to it (with the exception of a zombie which you could argue that they do get alerted by, but then it still... making it just for this one thing?).
With the large bandage, like I said, I feel like it just overcomplicates the game for no real reason.
The painkillers and first aid box seem fine(with the exceptions of what's inside of it that I mentioned), but the temperature reader just seems pointless, I'm pretty sure you would know if you're infected by 008 or are in gas.
Some quick links for myself (and you all too).
SCP-096 model
MTF model
Forum Smileys
deviantART
Pixel Joint

Enjoy

Yeah, looking at all of those, I feel like having a separate item for every one of those is waaay too complicated for what it's worth. I think the best way to make something like this work would be multi-use medkits. If your injury isn't too bad, it shouldn't use up the whole thing, IE, if you take a painkiller, it'll say "There's some bandages still left inside." and you'll be able to use it once more for a more serious injury.
It slep time bunner.

True. It may be complex, but it seems to me like it would serve as a medkit mini if you cant actually find a medical kit.

I also think that 096 106 096 should just sniff or look at the meat. Plus its just that little idea that getting one could allow sneaking past SCPs. Also people would probably loose the bloody bandage and then find out, oh so 914 could help me with this!

Also bandages are renewable. In 914 or a new idea: the bandage recycler.

You put in a bloody bandage and then out comes a clean one. Just so people dont want to go back to light containment to get new bandages.

Also, pain pills would be very helpful if just trying to get through gate A when injured. Plus it adds more realism to the game.

EDIT temp readers could help in some way, as some people cant see 008 at times, and like me, never know how close to death I am. Gas may just be dropped, deeming useless.

Like pain pills in L4D, a less strong medkit but has emergency uses. I like the idea of wall-medkits.
bleh

These actually seem like good ideas. The only thing I think about this is yeah, the complexity and how it makes the game less scarier as in: Oh no, an SCP! I can just drop this here... and bAm!!!!! and the SCP is gone! Which isn't how it is supposed to be (I think?).
My YouTube account: https://www.youtube.com/user/BoltBarkingatthemoon
I know my avatar isn't exactly 'creative'. It's mostly so bronies can identify it but non-bronies have no idea.