Using Sounds from SCP:CB in my own Thief level

Hi,

Basically what I'd like to do is take a few sounds from SCP:CB, maybe edit them a bit to make it suit my level, then use them for my custom build level for a PC game called Thief 2: The Metal Age.

I know there's no copyright infringement in distributing videos of the game itself, but what about using and distributing the sound effects for my own level to be released for others?
Youtube Channel (Mostly SCP Related): http://adf.ly/bIorf

Re: Using Sounds from SCP:CB in my own Thief level

I was actually thinking about distributing some of the Sounds and Ambience I made that never made it in-game on the Looking Glass Studios Forum ( As well as making my own Thief Fan Mission :P ) as well as on the Frictional Games Forum in one big package for others to use. I just never really got around to it.. My SoundCloud has all the Audio that I made for Containment Breach. Thief 2 is so Awesome ( As well as The Dark Project ). Two of my favourite Games.
YouTube
Deviantart
Steam
SoundCloud
Twitter
SCP Containment Breach Sound Designer.
Favourite SCP is SCP-1845-1.

The license the game is under allows you to use the sounds as long as you distribute the level under the same license and give credit to the people whose material you're using.

I wouldn't mind if you just mentioned that you're using sounds from SCP-CB, but it might be good to also list the people who made the sounds. Although, the credits file of SCP-CB doesn't specify who made every individual sound file, so if you don't want to include every name under the "Sound effects, music" -section, you could tell which files you'll be using and I'll try to clarify who they were made by.

Regalis wrote:I wouldn't mind if you just mentioned that you're using sounds from SCP-CB, but it might be good to also list the people who made the sounds. Although, the credits file of SCP-CB doesn't specify who made every individual sound file, so if you don't want to include every name under the "Sound effects, music" -section, you could tell which files you'll be using and I'll try to clarify who they were made by.
Also f̶o̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶s̶h̶a̶m̶e̶l̶e̶s̶s̶l̶y̶ ̶p̶l̶u̶g̶g̶i̶n̶g̶ the wiki lists several credentials for both the music and several sound effects http://scpcb.gamepedia.com/Developers#M ... nd_Effects

FireFox wrote:I was actually thinking about distributing some of the Sounds and Ambience I made that never made it in-game on the Looking Glass Studios Forum ( As well as making my own Thief Fan Mission :P ) as well as on the Frictional Games Forum in one big package for others to use. I just never really got around to it.. My SoundCloud has all the Audio that I made for Containment Breach. Thief 2 is so Awesome ( As well as The Dark Project ). Two of my favourite Games.
How awesome to see another taffer on this forum :D I really love the Thief games as well, and I already made a fan mission for Thief 2 before.

@Regalis: That's good to hear and I'll definitely credit the original creator of the sound effect whose sound I'm using. I'm still not sure if I'll be using any but I figured I should ask before doing so.
Youtube Channel (Mostly SCP Related): http://adf.ly/bIorf

Niborius wrote:How awesome to see another taffer on this forum :D I really love the Thief games as well, and I already made a fan mission for Thief 2 before.
I recall seeing ThiefFM_Dale play it! :D I even tried it myself and I have to say, I really enjoyed it [ Aurumpendo ]. I saw your Thread for your New Mission and It looks exciting! I would be more than happy to provide any Additional Sound Effects etc. If you want. :) My Username on the TTLG Forum is also FireFox... :P
YouTube
Deviantart
Steam
SoundCloud
Twitter
SCP Containment Breach Sound Designer.
Favourite SCP is SCP-1845-1.