Thoughts for SCP 1.3

1: New SCPs (obviously, the game is called SCP Containment breach). :roll:

2: Bug fixes (Duh). :roll:

3: Replace the light containment door's sound effects with something better.

4: Possibly move the game to Unity because if you use Unity, the game would look nicer and wouldn't have as much bugs.

5: Add more rooms.

6: Redesign some of the textures.

7: Add more scenes.

8: Add more interesting game mechanics.

I think that's it. Regalis, you don't need to do any of this stuff if you don't want to, you're the creator of the game, you design it and make it the way you picture it.

How many of you guys agree with me? :D

Re: Thoughts for SCP 1.3

Endersclicer12 wrote:1: New SCPs (obviously, the game is called SCP Containment breach). :roll:

2: Bug fixes (Duh). :roll:

3: Replace the light containment door's sound effects with something better.

4: Possibly move the game to Unity because if you use Unity, the game would look nicer and wouldn't have as much bugs.

5: Add more rooms.

6: Redesign some of the textures.

7: Add more scenes.

8: Add more interesting game mechanics.

I think that's it. Regalis, you don't need to do any of this stuff if you don't want to, you're the creator of the game, you design it and make it the way you picture it.

How many of you guys agree with me? :D
1, 2, 5, 7 and maybe 8 maybe will be in 1.3

4: Possibly move the game to Unity
not happening
the game would look nicer
not necessarily, the best game engine in the world can't do anything if the models and textures were made in MSPaint.
wouldn't have as much bugs.
Regalis is still coding it tho.

Regalis is also too busy developing Barotrauma and having a job to mess with necrophilia.

Endersclicer12 wrote:-stuff-
1. The facility is already overstuffed with SCP's. I get that it gets boring, but there's already a ton in the game already.

2. You make that sound simpler then it actually is. Regalis already admitted that most of the bugs come from the non-optimized code. If you want less bugs, look at the Irrlicht Port.

4. It has been stated many times that Regalis won't port the game to Unity. Unless he has some sort of change in heart (which most likely won't happen), look to the Unity port.

5. Same reason as number one. The facility is overstuffed with this shit. The game doesn't need more rooms/scp's.

6. I highly agree. Some of the textures do need to be fixed in some areas.

7. I don't see what could be added without adding more SCP's. Unless you want some sort of useless MTF thing.

8. Containment Breach is a game about blinking and running. What could you possibly want.

A lot of these suggestions are so broad (redesign textures and more interesting game mechanics?) to the point where they can apply to just about any video game. This thread can be summarized in saying "Add more content and improve the existing content into a better state than it was previously.", which doesn't add a whole lot to...anything.

I want more SCPs because seeing new SCPs is a cool thing. And the whole "the facility is already overstuffed with SCPs" doesn't matter since there is 2999 SCPs. And if you think this site is overloaded, say that to the SCP foundation. And I don't find the game scary anymore which is why I want more things.

Endersclicer12 wrote:And the whole "the facility is already overstuffed with SCPs" doesn't matter since there is 2999 SCPs.
Just because there are around 3000 SCP's, that doesn't mean a facility can't be over-filled with them. I'm pretty sure it's also been said that the setting of SCP Containment Breach is a temporary storage site. It's already been said in-game it's crazy to hold this many SCP's next to each-other, adding more would just make it worse.
Endersclicer12 wrote:And if you think this site is overloaded, say that to the SCP foundation.
The SCP Foundation has multiple sites to store SCP's. Not just one. I don't see your point.

Endersclicer12 wrote:And the whole "the facility is already overstuffed with SCPs" doesn't matter since there is 2999 SCPs.
That doesn't mean you should stuff the game with more SCPs, the game is already at its breaking point from the amount of SCPs and other shit plus the unoptimized code it's running on.
You can't just think of it from the 'canon' perspective, you also have to think how it would fit the game.

Suggesting "stuff the game with more SCPs" is pretty unhelpful in this case as it is pretty unspecific in what should be added.
The preparation for a dive is always a tense time