A focus on stability?

#1
So SCP:CB has been out for a very long time, It's been a long time coming; version 1.3. I was curious, when will the developers start focusing on stabilizing the game rather than adding new things. Don't get me wrong, new content is always nice, but what about efficiency and simplicity of code? I'm sure that with every new item implemented, the bug squashing gets significantly harder.
===============================
History is written by the victor~Winston Churchill
===============================

Re: A focus on stability?

#2
LORD DEATH wrote:So SCP:CB has been out for a very long time, It's been a long time coming; version 1.3. I was curious, when will the developers start focusing on stabilizing the game rather than adding new things. Don't get me wrong, new content is always nice, but what about efficiency and simplicity of code? I'm sure that with every new item implemented, the bug squashing gets significantly harder.
Juanjpro made several fixes in order to increase W8/10 compatibility amongst things, like removing Fastext and Fasttext. I'm hoping the devs expand upon that and optimise the game even further.

Re: A focus on stability?

#3
LORD DEATH wrote:So SCP:CB has been out for a very long time, It's been a long time coming; version 1.3. I was curious, when will the developers start focusing on stabilizing the game rather than adding new things. Don't get me wrong, new content is always nice, but what about efficiency and simplicity of code? I'm sure that with every new item implemented, the bug squashing gets significantly harder.
1.3 is also a lot more stable than prior versions.
Theres a reason for the many bugfixes.
Playing SCP : Containment Breach since v0.6.5.

My favorite SCP's: Pretty much all of them

Image

Re: A focus on stability?

#4
KirbyMario12345 wrote:
LORD DEATH wrote:So SCP:CB has been out for a very long time, It's been a long time coming; version 1.3. I was curious, when will the developers start focusing on stabilizing the game rather than adding new things. Don't get me wrong, new content is always nice, but what about efficiency and simplicity of code? I'm sure that with every new item implemented, the bug squashing gets significantly harder.
Juanjpro made several fixes in order to increase W8/10 compatibility amongst things, like removing Fastext and Fasttext. I'm hoping the devs expand upon that and optimise the game even further.
yeah ok. apart from the game occasionally flipping out, it's fine. i have honestly never seen this kind of thing before.
http://droptherapy.weebly.com/ my website
i've only been playing SCPCB since 0.8.2, but i have still seen huge improvements. :P

Re: A focus on stability?

#8
Zarpox wrote:
Hahmonen wrote:It is possible, look at 0.6.6, most bugless version ever, and arguably the best.
Have you played 0.6.6 recently?
Not actually, but i remember it as the "never crashing" version, not sure anymore because it was on an old computer that has better support for old stuff like this.

Re: A focus on stability?

#9
Zarpox wrote:
Hahmonen wrote:It is possible, look at 0.6.6, most bugless version ever, and arguably the best.
Have you played 0.6.6 recently?
He said most bugless version, not bug-free version.
99% of my statements are my own opinion. I have no idea what the last percent is though.

Re: A focus on stability?

#10
Hahmonen wrote:Not actually, but i remember it as the "never crashing" version, not sure anymore because it was on an old computer that has better support for old stuff like this.
I understand what you mean, that version was around for a while, but I just played it for a few minutes again now and it does have it's fair share of bugs that some people may have forgotten about.
CommanderMark wrote:He said most bugless version, not bug-free version.
Fair enough.
Last edited by Zarpox on Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.