Help? I'm stuck...

Hi all,
I've been getting stuck on a couple of issues that appear deliberate, yet I'm so tired of trying to figure the solutions out I've resigned to asking for help/spoilers...

First being, on some seeds the S-Nav 300 shows no map and instead shows an error: “COULD NOT CONNECT TO MAP DATABASE”...
This is obviously intended, but why does this only happen on some seeds and not others? And based on how the S-Nav 300 works (collecting data as rooms are discovered) it seems to make no sense that this "error" is possible.
EDIT: Just obtained the S-Nav Ultimate, and despite showing enemy ranges as expected, the map simply does not appear unlike other seeds. I'm going to submit a bug report (seed 1234567 if you're curious) but that doesn't explain why the "error" pops up on the S-Nav 300...
EDIT 2: Sue me, this issue was a fluke and suddenly the navigators are working as expected, even in "seed 1234567"... I swear up and down that the map was gone before, but for whatever reason it's now working as expected. I'm leaving it here anyways, in case some crazy dev feels like digging into fluke-ey issues but otherwise, disregard the previous paragraph...
EDIT 3: Fuck me running, I isolated the bug and reported it at viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5631 but disregard my complaint here anyways.

Secondly, given that the security station that houses the toggles controlling the "light containment zone" and "heavy containment zone" has a broken toggle, I don't see how it's supposed to be possible to get to the Entrance Zone at all...

Basically these issues have (for me) become frustrating and have detracted from the game experience, and I've resigned to hearing spoilers if anyone on the forum would be so kind as to explain.

Thanks!