Re: I am willing to donate $1000 by way of kickstarter.com

Call me paranoid but this sounds too good to be true and more like a ruse to get a hold of the Containment Breach franchise.
There are several points in this message that bother me.. but most likely... why not simply send him an e-Mail?
I'm pretty sure that you can reach him not only on this forum :(

To me it sounds like bait and if it all comes down to money I'll gladly skip in and donate some money of my own.
(If only I had a credit card.)
My Youtube Account: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSerimah

Not sure how I feel about this. All SCP-Foundation related wikia is under the creative commons 3.0 license attribution.. I think it would largely upset the fanbase and wikia if this were sold commercially. I wouldn't mind it though if people wanted to put donations in to create a paid development team that could speed this up, but only then released for free..

If it means we end up having to pay for SCP Containment Breach to play it, then where is the exit because i might aswell leave then.

I like this game because it's free and the community here on the forum is a nice one of the kind.

And as Mirocaine mentioned it, copyright since the SCPs used in the making of this game doesn't belong to us, we only use them for non profit game developing.
What fun is there in making sense?
Now, if you will excuse me i have some chaos to wreak.
Resident forum robot monkey, and chaos incarnate.

Honestly, it's the thought that counts. If you are surefire serious about this though, contact Regalis (The man behind the game) since I believe he should be the one to have final say about what he wants to do with the game. About the game itself however, it's based off of a creative commons license, and can't be sold commercially. The game could be funded- for the fact of just having a better game- but it won't be sold unless ideas are revised and it no longer stays SCP Containment Breach.

I like that you want to support the game, even with an awesome $1000 kickstarter, even I would donate as much if I could...but we like our choppy custom engine'd game since it's free and we can all support it as a community in some way shape or form. I would love to see it updated, and upgraded as much as next person too. It's completely up to the creator of the game and the owners of the creative commons license whether this game could or would be sold commercially, even though I admit, it would be a fantastic game.

I appreciate your offer but no thanks. SCPCB will stay free.

And btw, the game is being converted to C++ by a guy called Answer42. The conversion is in a very early stage at the moment, but if everything goes well, we'll eventually be able to use OpenGL graphics and hopefully get more programmers to help with the game.

Although, nothing is stopping you or anyone else from making a kickstarter for a remake or console port of SCPCB, since the SCP wiki and this game are licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License.

While a big name SCP game sounds fun, I agree with Regalis.
Nothing is stopping big name game franchises from making an SCP game and charging for it. It would generate a lot of revenue for the company AND a lot of new people for the site. It would have to be something alon the lines of FEAR.....With less jumpscares.
My name is John...Yes you can call me that...Yes it's a bland name, but it gets the job done.
I Warhammer 40K harder than you.

You know, this game has something, and I mean it's so apart from other games, because it's made by regalis in 1st place, he's talking much in the forum, and keeps us happy all the time by working on the game and while we see it grow, it sill is free! You can have a game yes that much more better, but it will not have that magic and won't be updated anymore because it's finished, like all other consolegames.