Re: Achievements

Lusor1111 wrote:as achievements I wasnt refering to the achievements mentioned on this thread, the kind of achievements that would fit the game, in my opinion, would be a log of several remarkable actions ( like accesing scp, escaping and containing larry, colaborating with 076, evading the mtf, the keycards you had...) similar to how it is done now, but giving it the look of a foundation document.

Like others, I think that most of the achievements listed here are somewhat inmersion-breakers.
If you were to only unlock achievements after you beat the game (like the 20$ mode in Slender: The Eight Pages), then immersion wouldn't matter at that point.

Funny or lighthearted achievements don't fit on a horror game. They destroy the inmersion next time you play, and my friend, this game had multiple endings with possibly more in the future. Not breaking inmersion in replays should be important.
God is perfect -> Nobody is perfect -> I'm nobody --> I'm perfect --> I'm God.

Lusor1111 wrote:Funny or lighthearted achievements don't fit on a horror game. They destroy the inmersion next time you play, and my friend, this game had multiple endings with possibly more in the future. Not breaking inmersion in replays should be important.
There would probably be an option to turn it on and off so you can choose to have immersion or just get the ridiculous achievements.

Got some new achievment ideas!

I PREFFER PILLS: craft the strange bottle and throw it down.
GOOD THING IM INDESTRUCTIBLE: get the MTF, SCP-173 and SCP-096 in the same place with godmode activated.
MOVE MOVE MOVE GODDAMNIT!: in 1 game deplete your sprint meter 100 times.
I PREFER RED: Craft the Red Revision Eyedrops.
I WILL NEVER BLINK: Craft and use the blinding Eyedrops.
TIMES UP, YOURE DEAD: Get locked in the lockroom with SCP-173 inside.
GOTTA GO FAST: Use the Sanic command.
NO CHEAT SHERLOCK: without cheating, get the codes to the doctors rooms.
NOPE, THATS TOO MUCH, I DON'T WANNA SEE IT ANYMORE!: Watch SCP-895 Gore Images and stop watching.
OKAY BUT DON'T KILL ME: Don't Move when the MTF says "Stop Right there".
SCREW YOU SCP-079: Don't help SCP-079.
IF IM GOING TO DIE LET ME HAVE FUN: Teabag a corpse.
Ego sum Deus Ex Camertem
In the end... there will be Pizza
None shall stop us
All problems can be solved, with an FLAMETROWER!1!

If achievements are ever put in, they should be awarded for accomplishing hard to do things.

For example getting an Achievement for "finishing the intro" is dumb in my opinion. Yet getting one for dodging SCP-096 is note worthy, or finishing the game.
SCP:CB Administrator. 99% of my statements are my own and do not represent the official developers viewpoint.

Steelpoint wrote:If achievements are ever put in, they should be awarded for accomplishing hard to do things.

For example getting an Achievement for "finishing the intro" is dumb in my opinion. Yet getting one for dodging SCP-096 is note worthy, or finishing the game.
Some people here are talking about making an option of habilitating or desabilitating achievments, these major achievements like dodging 096 could be added in the main game, secondary and easier achievements could be added in an diferent game mode (the name of it could be "Bounty Hunter").
Ego sum Deus Ex Camertem
None shall stop us

Deus_Ex45 wrote:
Some people here are talking about making an option of habilitating or desabilitating achievments, these major achievements like dodging 096 could be added in the main game, secondary and easier achievements could be added in an diferent game mode (the name of it could be "Bounty Hunter").
But achievements are supposed to be achievements. Not saying that some achievements couldn't be easier to get than others, but things like "Complete the Intro" or "Get a Keycard" shouldn't be achievements.
Battling the forces of evil and stupidity~
I admire the horror genre like I admire women: From far away with a pair of binoculars

YellowFellow wrote:
Deus_Ex45 wrote:
But achievements are supposed to be achievements. Not saying that some achievements couldn't be easier to get than others, but things like "Complete the Intro" or "Get a Keycard" shouldn't be achievements.
i didn't understand much of what you said... from what i understanded, if you read my reply, you will notice that i gave an idea of how to implement these easier and some of them funny achievements, as commander pro said...
CommanderPro100 wrote: There would probably be an option to turn it on and off so you can choose to have immersion or just get the ridiculous achievements.
Last edited by Deus_Ex45 on Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ego sum Deus Ex Camertem
None shall stop us

Omniary wrote:Survival of the Fittest. - Turn off the remote door control after letting 079 open Gate B.
:lol: :lol: :lol: good idea :lol: :lol: :lol:
i never tried to do this... you gave me an idea, thank you ;)
Ego sum Deus Ex Camertem
None shall stop us