Re: MTF model

Agent Shlocky wrote:
mercenary93 wrote:Is there a possibility that there could be a future containment breach game from the point of view of a MTF trooper?
Site-37 is what you're looking for. Anyway, I too like the idea of a squad commander/captain/whatever foundation rank. I'd also like to see specialized units. Sniper's/Scouts/Explosive Experts ECT... They'd have different looking gear, so you'd be able to tell the difference.
What about small recon bots and if one sees you, you'll have 2 minutes to leave the area quickly or they'll show up.

rarityismahwaifu wrote:
Agent Shlocky wrote:
mercenary93 wrote:Is there a possibility that there could be a future containment breach game from the point of view of a MTF trooper?
Site-37 is what you're looking for. Anyway, I too like the idea of a squad commander/captain/whatever foundation rank. I'd also like to see specialized units. Sniper's/Scouts/Explosive Experts ECT... They'd have different looking gear, so you'd be able to tell the difference.
What about small recon bots and if one sees you, you'll have 2 minutes to leave the area quickly or they'll show up.
Oh, like the Quad fliers that the military uses? Cause that could actually be kinda neat. I think a flame unit would be great, they could be the remnants of MTF-Epsilon-9. The fire they use could block door ways, and paths. I figured scouts could be fast and have a shotgun, and they stayed ahead of the rest of the group, by about a room or two. If they saw you they'd tell their buds to help him and kill you. Maybe his model would be more of a balaclava and a open faced helmet as apposed to the gas mask of the normal soldiers.

Recon robots? Seriously people, are the increasingly-intelligent MTF units not good enough for you?
"Yes, it's a goddamn nuke, but if 682 survives and adapts we'd be boned beyond belief."

scpharrisee wrote:Recon robots? Seriously people, are the increasingly-intelligent MTF units not good enough for you?
Well the MTF is one of the most well trained groups of soldiers.... So naturally they'd have the best gear. Though I'd prefer classes myself, turrets and bots could work.

rarityismahwaifu wrote:I meant something like those RC helicopters or them bomb defusing robots deployed in Iraq.
Too cool for a horror game, so I disagree at all
DON'T SHOOT! LET THEM BURN!

Its ideas like this that caused the holocaust.
this is the reason all games are crap now, all iraq propaganda.
if you want to play a war simulator game play COD.

mrslig100 wrote:Its ideas like this that caused the holocaust.
This is, without a doubt, the most absurd analogy ever conjured up.
No it isn't.
if you want to play a war simulator game play COD.
Just because it's a ridiculous idea doesn't mean he was implying that at all. I don't like the idea either, but was all this really necessary? Being a little more constructive might have helped here.
Administrator at the Official SCP:CB Wiki

Insanity's Bane wrote:
No it isn't.
Actually, it is. Most of nowadays war games are iraq propaganda
DON'T SHOOT! LET THEM BURN!

Sorry, I do take a snap at people when I shouldnt.
Im not very constructive but ill try:
Its not a gun-gasmic shoot em up, its a horror game, westarnising the game would simply be unethical.