Re: Health Hud (HELP NEEDED) (CODING IS ONLY LEFT NOW)

Dr.Moore wrote:fox i think thats a great idea!
also when you die i think there should be blood below you and when you are bleeding, trails of blood could appear
Trails of blood already appear when you bleed.

The game measures health through two variables: Injuries and bloodloss. If bloodloss goes too high, the screen gets blurrier until you die. Injuries determine the rate of bloodloss. When you get injured or heal yourself, the game manipulates these variables in a realistic way in response (i.e. variables change, message comes up saying "you're fine" or "You stopped the bleeding, but you're still a little sore").
"... your rubber ducky has also gone AWOL, captain."

Re: Health Hud (In Progress)

Regalis wrote:I don't think a health bar is a good idea in a game where almost every enemy or hazard instakills you. Besides, the current injury/bloodloss system doesn't work like normal health system. The injuries-variable only determines how fast you're bleeding and slows you down, but you won't die even if you reach the highest injury level (which is 4.0).

Anyway, if you guys want to make a "health hud" mod, you could use something like this for measuring the blood loss:

Code: Select all

x = something
y = something
width = 204
height =20

Rect (x, y, width, height, False)
For i = 1 To Int(((width - 2) * ((100-bloodloss) / 100.0)) / 10)
	DrawImage(HealthMeterIMG, x + 13 * (i - 1), y + 3)
Next
This must be the coding, eh? No use for the title, I'll change it.

Regalis wrote:I don't think a health bar is a good idea in a game where almost every enemy or hazard instakills you. Besides, the current injury/bloodloss system doesn't work like normal health system. The injuries-variable only determines how fast you're bleeding and slows you down, but you won't die even if you reach the highest injury level (which is 4.0).

Anyway, if you guys want to make a "health hud" mod, you could use something like this for measuring the blood loss:

Code: Select all

x = something
y = something
width = 204
height =20

Rect (x, y, width, height, False)
For i = 1 To Int(((width - 2) * ((100-bloodloss) / 100.0)) / 10)
	DrawImage(HealthMeterIMG, x + 13 * (i - 1), y + 3)
Next
Thanks; I'm trying to find the wright place to put it.... and yes i have bltz3D
The preparation for a dive is always a tense time

Cridone wrote:
MonocleBios wrote:
Cridone wrote: Thanks; I'm trying to find the wright place to put it.... and yes i have bltz3D
Ln: 6185 in main is where HUD related stuff starts.
I must be blind; I scanned the WHOLEEE main 3 times slowly and found nothing. Wiht "6185" or Ln.
I think he means "Line 6185".
"... your rubber ducky has also gone AWOL, captain."