Re: MTF model

Why not just have echolocation goggles, where each headset had a different tone, so they don't get mixed up?
It's the foundation, I think they could have the technology for it.

Destructoid wrote:You could close your eyes, gave his face go into the vision, have the goggles make a sound when they've blocked his face and open your eyes with impunity. That could be an in universe explanation.
If I had to improve the design I would place extended sensors on the sides that scan for 096's face (like how a hammerhead's eyes sweep over the ocean). That should hopefully give the goggles enough time to activate without worrying. So no need to close your eyes and no need to worry about seeing his face!

Also, just to be clear I meant the comparison to the hammerhead in terms of function not shape. No one wants a long sensor bar strapped to their head. Would make getting through those cramped doorways a lot harder. *backpedals from 173 aaand thunk.

I don't think the MTF's should be immune to 096. It would be alot more scary to see one get [REDACTED] and then have 096 loose in the facility until they try again. Also, the guards and the MTF's should have different models, because the guards serve a less important purpose, and therefore should have lighter clothing suit to handling Class D's
GIVE ME SOME CHEESECAKE DAMMIT.
(Also, for future reference, my name is MagicJackz)

Probably just a loose vest and such. MTF would carry their current model, or whichever model they will recieve once this thread has served its purpose.

Also, I don't exactly agree witht eh weapon of choice, but until I get some Blender skillz, I cannot really do anything about it.

It wouldn't be very hard to make the SCRAMBLE gear (I was actually thinking of adding night vision goggles or something, because, you know.. it's cool and shit), but than I have to consider 096's appearance in relation to the, what you could call, timeline.

096's current appearance fits more what he would look like before Incident 096-1-A, and therefore, potentially before the invention of the SCRAMBLE gear.
That being due to the fact that the way I made 096 makes him look almost as if he has no injuries, or at the very least, very few injuries; while in the article it states that pretty much all the organs and crap were gone after the incident, thus making a more gory 096 than currently in the game (an example could be the nose).
Dr. ███: But it was taking damage?

Capt. █████████: If it was, it wasn't showing it. It must have lost all its organs, all its blood, but it didn't acknowledge any of it. Its bone structure wasn't hurt at all, though. It kept tearing my squad apart.
So my conclusion would be that unless 096's skin magically regrows (along with its organs), SCRAMBLE gear would be pretty much non-canon.

As for the MTF and guard model. I have stated numerous times on this thread that the MTF and guard will have different models (MTF being the one I'm currently making, and the guard would be the current one, unless someone decides to make a new guard model).

Oh yeah, and Ltn, what do you mean? A weapon hasn't been chosen yet for the MTF, I was thinking of making a fictional one.
Some quick links for myself (and you all too).
SCP-096 model
MTF model
Forum Smileys
deviantART
Pixel Joint

Enjoy

Night wrote:As for the MTF and guard model. I have stated numerous times on this thread that the MTF and guard will have different models (MTF being the one I'm currently making, and the guard would be the current one, unless someone decides to make a new guard model).

Oh yeah, and Ltn, what do you mean? A weapon hasn't been chosen yet for the MTF, I was thinking of making a fictional one.
Why don't you guys use the Counter-Terrorist models from the original Counter-Strike and use them as the MTFs? And then you could do the same for their weapons.

I'm not sure if you're sarcastic or not..
From one point of view, it's seems too stupid to propose such an act, but from another one, you seem sincere.

I really don't have power to reply to this, as it's already late here and I'm tired (and your comment also seems to sarcastic). But consider this, SCP Containment Breach isn't made by a company, hell, it doesn't even have an organized schedule for models and such, everyone who has contributed is contributing and making an effort with their own free will, in their own free time, without ANY payment.
Some quick links for myself (and you all too).
SCP-096 model
MTF model
Forum Smileys
deviantART
Pixel Joint

Enjoy

Night wrote:I'm not sure if you're sarcastic or not..
From one point of view, it's seems too stupid to propose such an act, but from another one, you seem sincere.

I really don't have power to reply to this, as it's already late here and I'm tired (and your comment also seems to sarcastic). But consider this, SCP Containment Breach isn't made by a company, hell, it doesn't even have an organized schedule for models and such, everyone who has contributed is contributing and making an effort with their own free will, in their own free time, without ANY payment.
If you mean about buying Counter-Strike, I'm not talking about the retail game. I'm talking about the original mod (which is still downloadable on moddb for free)

The only reason I was suggesting this is because someone else on this site is doing a SCP:CB mod based on the original Half-Life (which is what CS is based on) and he (or they, dunno if its just him or not) don't seem to be having any trouble porting the models over.

Sorry if it is a stupid idea, it just seemed like an easy feat.

Night wrote:It wouldn't be very hard to make the SCRAMBLE gear (I was actually thinking of adding night vision goggles or something, because, you know.. it's cool and shit), but than I have to consider 096's appearance in relation to the, what you could call, timeline.

096's current appearance fits more what he would look like before Incident 096-1-A, and therefore, potentially before the invention of the SCRAMBLE gear.
That being due to the fact that the way I made 096 makes him look almost as if he has no injuries, or at the very least, very few injuries; while in the article it states that pretty much all the organs and crap were gone after the incident, thus making a more gory 096 than currently in the game (an example could be the nose).
Dr. ███: But it was taking damage?

Capt. █████████: If it was, it wasn't showing it. It must have lost all its organs, all its blood, but it didn't acknowledge any of it. Its bone structure wasn't hurt at all, though. It kept tearing my squad apart.
So my conclusion would be that unless 096's skin magically regrows (along with its organs), SCRAMBLE gear would be pretty much non-canon.

As for the MTF and guard model. I have stated numerous times on this thread that the MTF and guard will have different models (MTF being the one I'm currently making, and the guard would be the current one, unless someone decides to make a new guard model).

An Fn2000 would be a good looking choice. Or an OICW. ACR's can look pretty futuristic too.

Ruins72 wrote:
Destructoid wrote:You could close your eyes, gave his face go into the vision, have the goggles make a sound when they've blocked his face and open your eyes with impunity. That could be an in universe explanation.
If I had to improve the design I would place extended sensors on the sides that scan for 096's face (like how a hammerhead's eyes sweep over the ocean). That should hopefully give the goggles enough time to activate without worrying. So no need to close your eyes and no need to worry about seeing his face!

Also, just to be clear I meant the comparison to the hammerhead in terms of function not shape. No one wants a long sensor bar strapped to their head. Would make getting through those cramped doorways a lot harder. *backpedals from 173 aaand thunk.
Remember the photo where its face took up only four pixels? I don't think making its face all pixely is going to work anyway.
spartan322 wrote:it is not every day that an SCP comes out of the closet.
"I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning sociopath."
My SCP playthrough
Trex plays Amnesia: AMFP