Re: Some SCP-CB Ideas from TheJonttu

OnyxDarkKnight wrote:
InTheNight wrote:I do not think that 3D Blitz is rather powerful to conceive a 3D menu, but his is of no use because the menu is good as it are, why to change him?
3D Blitz is not very powerful overall. It would be neat if someone ported this to Unity.
Well, that'd mean starting it all from scratch. I believe that the .rmesh files CB uses for the rooms can't be converted back to .3ds or .b3d, so the whole facility would have to me remodeled. Just saying.
Do you think NASA invented thunderstorms to cover up the sound of space battles?

Akatos wrote:Well, that'd mean starting it all from scratch. I believe that the .rmesh files CB uses for the rooms can't be converted back to .3ds or .b3d, so the whole facility would have to me remodeled. Just saying.
Not exactly from scratch. Most of the models can be converted to other formats, and it's possible to reimplement the rmesh loader in another engine. The only thing that would need to be remade is the source code, though that's probably a good thing because the developers could use the things they learned from before, and produce a more stable version of the game.

TheHeinriq wrote:Some new and updated mechanics and items might be a good in singleplayer and multiplayer.
There is not multiplayer, but I know someone makes mod of it.
juanjpro wrote:
Akatos wrote:Well, that'd mean starting it all from scratch. I believe that the .rmesh files CB uses for the rooms can't be converted back to .3ds or .b3d, so the whole facility would have to me remodeled. Just saying.
Not exactly from scratch. Most of the models can be converted to other formats, and it's possible to reimplement the rmesh loader in another engine. The only thing that would need to be remade is the source code, though that's probably a good thing because the developers could use the things they learned from before, and produce a more stable version of the game.
I realy like, if you guys start making SCP CB with Unity. Game looks better, it has better FPS and you guys can make things that you haven't done before. Blitz3D its outdated. No offense.
Check my DISCO EDITION:
http://gamejolt.com/games/scp-containme ... tion/89697

Also check my FNAF game
http://gamejolt.com/games/strategy-sim/ ... nen/48604/

Blitz3D IS outdated, yes, and Unity is more powerful as well, but Regalis developed the game from the start with Blitz3D (technically BlitzMax first but it immediately became Blitz3D in the next versions) anyway, despite its potential problems and limits. He just wants to make a good SCP game; it doesn't matter to him if he uses a not-so-powerful engine to do that. As far as I know, amidst the bugs and MAVs, SCP:CB is fine just the way it is. Ultimately though it's Regalis' decision (well someone else can do the porting but still), and considering how far it's gone.. It can be done, but should it be the case (just to get better functions)? I'm not discouraging though, I'm just saying.

Also, at least in my experience, Unity games cause annoying problems just like Blitz3D games (from playing on different PCs and laptops). At least in SCP:CB my main problems in different computers are only lag and flickering text; Unity games such as Slender seem to have graphics issues which shouldn't be there as well :/
SCP: Eric Breach nanomod maker (if anyone wants to revamp it be my guest, as it is now defunct)
Fan of Doctor Who, Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, Sleepy Hollow, Person of Interest, Happy (2017) and Silicon Valley. And also MCU films.

InTheNight wrote:I do not think that 3D Blitz is rather powerful to conceive a 3D menu, but his is of no use because the menu is good as it are, why to change him?
Now I'm no coder, but I know that that's a load of crap. I mean, its already been done before by juanpro in his mod! I've seen way too many posts around here making statements about the engine that clearly aren't true, because the users don't actually know anything about it themselves, yet claim to. Yes, Blitz3D is old and outdated, but it isn't as restricted as you all seem to be believe it is. I don't really know why, but it seems to be a common trend and its just plain annoying to be honest. By the way, this isn't just directed at you in particular InTheNight, but to many users on these forums.
Whilst I'm on the subject, juanpro is currently porting the game to a more powerful engine so I recommend you all go take a look if interested.

Skin_ wrote:
Now I'm no coder, but I know that that's a load of crap. I mean, its already been done before by juanpro in his mod! I've seen way too many posts around here making statements about the engine that clearly aren't true, because the users don't actually know anything about it themselves, yet claim to. Yes, Blitz3D is old and outdated, but it isn't as restricted as you all seem to be believe it is. I don't really know why, but it seems to be a common trend and its just plain annoying to be honest. By the way, this isn't just directed at you in particular InTheNight, but to many users on these forums.
Whilst I'm on the subject, juanpro is currently porting the game to a more powerful engine so I recommend you all go take a look if interested.
Looks good :)
Check my DISCO EDITION:
http://gamejolt.com/games/scp-containme ... tion/89697

Also check my FNAF game
http://gamejolt.com/games/strategy-sim/ ... nen/48604/