Re: Phanalax's Models

Most amazing. The only nitpicks I'd give however, have already been stated a few times, to make the limbs thinner and longer.
And also if you can, try to make it 2 meters in size as approximated in its document.
The Nightmares...will last...FOREVEEEEERRRRR!
In the event that Nightmare Tank tries to take charge, Dr. Glitch is to warn it, until it ceases its behaviour.

mrslig100 wrote:If you want I can rig/optimize the F**C out of things.
I'm sure he can do it on his own...

Code: Select all

Omniary: fuck you anglerfish can't smell
Dr. Trialtrex21: how you know bitch
Omniary: it probably could smell you though
could probably smell your fucking dank ass nasty powersuit structure gel trog ass enslaved protein bullshit sloshing in your suit from a mile away

I can definitely optimize this for Blitz3d If you can get me some information on the engine,
What Is a recommended polygon count for the model?
What texture mapping types out of this list is it capable of handling?
Normal/Bump, Specular, Diffuse, Emmissive.
Also can I get a unified idea of what you want spc 372 to look like, I'm getting a few conflicted advice about it. Heres what you have mentioned already:
Longer thinner legs, longer neck, more reptilian head, 8 pairs of legs, and different placement of the limbs. Does every one agree with this list?

Phanalax wrote: Also can I get a unified idea of what you want spc 372 to look like, I'm getting a few conflicted advice about it. Heres what you have mentioned already:
Longer thinner legs, longer neck, more reptilian head, 8 pairs of legs, and different placement of the limbs. Does every one agree with this list?
I do, sorry for not giving information about the engine, I don't know much about it.
SCP classified documents
SCP-895 Containment chamber modification
D-9341 memoirs
Old topics of interest

Phanalax wrote:Also can I get a unified idea of what you want spc 372 to look like, I'm getting a few conflicted advice about it. Heres what you have mentioned already:
Acceptable criteria.
The Nightmares...will last...FOREVEEEEERRRRR!
In the event that Nightmare Tank tries to take charge, Dr. Glitch is to warn it, until it ceases its behaviour.

Phanalax wrote:I can definitely optimize this for Blitz3d If you can get me some information on the engine,
What Is a recommended polygon count for the model?
What texture mapping types out of this list is it capable of handling?
Normal/Bump, Specular, Diffuse, Emmissive.
Also can I get a unified idea of what you want spc 372 to look like, I'm getting a few conflicted advice about it. Heres what you have mentioned already:

Here's some of the info Regalis provided in the model requests thread.
Spoiler
Regalis wrote:Technical stuff:
- blitz supports .x, .3ds and .b3d formats, but I have converters for most major file types so the files don't necessarily have to be in these formats
- textures should be .jpeg, .png or .tga
Poly/Triangle Limit, so we can make the most aesthetically pleasing models that are optimized for your engine
Even the 173-model with 17,000 polygons didn't seem to cause any problems, so I don't think the amount of polys is a major issue. Anything less than 10,000 should be ok for the NPCs, but random prop stuff and items should have less than a few thousand polys.
Texture Size (Or give us a current texture for another model that has unused UV space, and allow us to map onto there. Two models one texture!)
1024x1024 is used in most textures atm, but I think 512x512 or 256x256 is enough for smaller models (like the key or stuff like that)
Preferred File Format .objs seem to be the most universal, but perhaps you have reasons to select another
.obj, .3ds, .b3d, .FBX or .x
I don't think the model should be too high poly since it might not be worth spending into a creature that's seen randomly in 1-2 second intervals. The changes you mentioned sound about right!
It slep time bunner.