Re: The New Suggestions Thread

Prune wrote:Probable use for SCP-012's containment room - the radio is currently rather useful to the player in game for numerous reasons. The radio could play a more crucial part of the game if extremely vital information could only be extracted from it, e.g: the Electrical Room could be accessable by a code-lock, and that code would be discovered by listening to radio conversations.

Perhaps to affect the flow of gameplay, SCP-079 could broadcast the sound file of SCP-012 over the radio and block all signals so that useful information can't be extracted, and potentially the player's sanity could drop from listeneing to the awful sound for too long.

The only way to prevent this would be to enter SCP-012's containment room and delete the sound file of the composition from the SCP Foundation's database, so that 079 can no longer use the file to disrupt the radio. This task would be nearly impossible without a memetic blocker because SCP-012 would be pulling your attention away from the monitors. This might be a little far fetched, but it's something to try out.

Sanity Mechanic - the game is already fitted with a sanity meter, but it currently has only one purpose: counting down how long until staring at a SCP-895 corrupted monitor will kill you. This mechanic could used in many more places:
- Staring at SCP-513-1 for prolonged periods of time could drain the player's sanity, so you'd die from being stalked by the ghost for too long.
- Hearing the sound of SCP-012's music file would slowly drain the player's sanity if (as I suggested before) it was broadcasted via radio frequency in an attempt by SCP-079 to hinder your progress with the radio.
- Glaring at SCP-106 while he's chasing you would cause the player's sanity to very slowly drop, correspondant to the way Dr.L went crazy. This sort of makes sense because 106 is ugly and terrifying to look at. Why wouldn't you go insane by looking at something so horrifying that is following you? Plus it's scarier running from something you're not allowed to see for too long.

There needs to be visual and audio effects from low sanity, parts of the HUD and pause menu could begin to look corrupted and messed up until they don't follow the standard rules of the game. The ingame music could slowly become distorted by bending the pitch out of tune, even an overlaying but faint static effect could fade in at critically low sanity. Slight screen-blurring would also be a neat side-effect. There's no need to over-complicate the sanity mechanic like in Amnesia, where almost anything from darkness to viewing scripted events can make you crazy. It could be exclusive to certain SCPs to avoid being too much of an annoyance throughout the game. Finally, sanity can be regained by taking anxiety pills (partially increasing sanity) and SCP-500-1 (completely filling sanity meter).
Friend you DO realise all this makes the game sound like Amnesia The Dark Descent right? But i do agree that we need a reason to go into 012's chamber instead of just cutting the wrist all the damn time. But how was your plan on deleting the file? We could have a scripted event or the player could move the file to the trash can in the monitor somehow. I do like this idea but wouldn't it make the game a little too much of a ATDD? Not saying this is a bad idea because we do need a reason to go into 012's room, just worried that this might sound TOO Amnesiac. Staring at 106 for too long is almost like staring at a Brute/Grunt/Suitor for too long. This idea could possibly be Amnesia related, but also advanced script for the insanity.
"You could possibly add something I just shit out."

~ Agent Ulgrin 2014

Getting hit by vehicles ever since -69

Agent Ulgrin wrote: -snip-
I see where you're coming from, but I don't really see an issue with using ideas that were popular in other games. All other games have some elements that were inspired by older franchises, so there's no reason to miss out a potentially good feature solely because it was one of the most significant parts of another game like Amnesia. As an example: more and more developers are taking the run & hide approach towards survival-horror, rather than using the classic survival-horror style from franchises such as Resident Evil and Silent Hill. This type of survival-horror is mostly linked to Amnesia and Penumbra, but people don't criticise similar games for using the same mechanics, as long as it isn't strikingly similar in almost every aspect. Some people even praise developers for adopting popular gameplay styles and improving them like SCP:CB does.

I do agree that having SCP-106 drain your sanity would be overkill, though. The sanity mechanic would be better off being applied to SCPs that only rely on the player's sanity to have an effect on them, like SCP-513-1.

In response to your question about the SCP-012 idea, I imagined the SCP database could be interacted with via the monitor in SCP-012's control room. You could find a way to delete the sound file from there. Consequently, SCP-079 won't be able to radio-jam with his disruptive broadcast. Or perhaps in a worse scenario, SCP-079 could broadcast SCP-012's sound over the intercom for short periods in an attempt to drive the player crazy from the awful cacophony, forcing you to delete that sound before you go mad.
ey b0ss, can I habe de pussi plz?

SCP Number:1632
SCP Nickname:Bottle of Nanobots
Ingame mechanics:
Opening the bottle creates a blackish cloud(or a darkened patch on the floor,wall or ceiling)covered with pulsing-white circuit-like fractal lines,that chases the player off,sapping his stamina.while turing off any eletrical appliances nearby(including the flashlight?Prolonged exposure kills you?)
Possibly a trade with the old AI? T`would be epic if this caused a god-mode end of the world : D
Last edited by tomzon on Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tomzon wrote:SCP Number:1632
Ingame mechanics: Opening the bottle creates a blackish cloud that chases the player off,sapping his stamina.while turing off any eletrical appliances nearby(including the flashlight?Prolonged exposure kills you?)
Possibly a trade with the old AI?
Was that SCP invented? I don't find it on the Wiki.
Also, you could not trade off the old AI with it for various reasons, as the roots of the whole Containment Breach lay with 079 for the most part.
Nanobots seem really displaced.. and for something that is supposed to replace a very vicious old AI that will invent new and creative ways to kill the player, getting hunted by a black cloud sounds like a rather bad trade-off.
My Youtube Account: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSerimah

Serimah wrote:
tomzon wrote:SCP Number:1632
Ingame mechanics: Opening the bottle creates a blackish cloud that chases the player off,sapping his stamina.while turing off any eletrical appliances nearby(including the flashlight?Prolonged exposure kills you?)
Possibly a trade with the old AI?
Was that SCP invented? I don't find it on the Wiki.
Also, you could not trade off the old AI with it for various reasons, as the roots of the whole Containment Breach lay with 079 for the most part.
Nanobots seem really displaced.. and for something that is supposed to replace a very vicious old AI that will invent new and creative ways to kill the player, getting hunted by a black cloud sounds like a rather bad trade-off.
It was invented,yes.
Was it not a suggestion thread?
and yes,i admit it is a half-baked idea.
I even edited this message a dozen times,just like my first post.
Last edited by tomzon on Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I think we should add SCP-582 to the game as a tribute to the game slender (After all, SCP-582 was inspired by Slenderman.). In game, he could appear when the player reads an SCP-582 document. Once the player stops reading that document, SCP-582 can start chasing the player in a manner similar to the Slenderman. However, we can't make SCP-582 look TOO much like Slenderman. Perhaps he could be a a tall, completely white creature with gangly limbs, a skull-like face, and four arms. Maybe, SCP-582's head can frantically twitch around. :laugh:
I bought a gay pony named North America! He walked on two legs and played the harmonica!
Check out my SCP - Comix mod: http://scpcbgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3557

Kenneth crooker wrote:I think we should add SCP-582 to the game as a tribute to the game slender (After all, SCP-582 was inspired by Slenderman.). In game, he could appear when the player reads an SCP-582 document. Once the player stops reading that document, SCP-582 can start chasing the player in a manner similar to the Slenderman. However, we can't make SCP-582 look TOO much like Slenderman. Perhaps he could be a a tall, completely white creature with gangly limbs, a skull-like face, and four arms. Maybe, SCP-582's head can frantically twitch around. :laugh:
Eh, where's the fun part in that? If it's just gonna be a Slender rehash (WHICH ARE COPIOUS btw), then what's the point of adding it to CB? Plus, CB will lose credibility for pretty much riffing off of Slender, and people will go "oh god slender is in the game now hes an scp" everywhere. I just don't think it'll end well.
It slep time bunner.