Re: Irrlicht Port

It has a more efficient way of handling memory and processes and it will help clean up some of the "spaghetti" code mess. So in short it will be easier to run on low-end computers.
===============================
History is written by the victor~Winston Churchill
===============================

LORD DEATH wrote:It has a more efficient way of handling memory and processes and it will help clean up some of the "spaghetti" code mess. So in short it will be easier to run on low-end computers.

Yea. I do think someone should Clean up the code. Even though it might screw up the game, since the whole thing was made with that mess.

I got an account at last, although I'll still probably be pestering someone over youtube since it's easier and less formal.
Anyway, after doing some searching around, I discovered that Irrlicht isn't as 'Basic' as BlitzBasic. Looks like I can't contribute in any way shape or form.Except Maybe shapes, if you want some kind of cRummy Makeshift model that's a lot worse than what you could do.
I should probably stop talking.
Anyway, in case anyone like Syphen or Yonzo want to know, juanjpro said he's working on the new and improved AI for everyone's favorite anti-social individual (shy guy, I was trying to be funny) as it will make use of the brand new pathfinding AI and room paths.
yonzo_rikuo wrote:you want to clean the spaghetti code with simpler code? hope there is no new bug appeared
I'm pretty sure since juanjpro is cleaning out the code by rewriting the game entirely with what to add in mind, there won't be many bugs except a memory access violation if some .jpg is somehow left out.

Forgive me for breaking ten rules in one post if I have done so.
I'm tYping on a horrid kEyboard
𝙱𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚣𝟹𝙳 𝙴𝚛𝚛𝚘𝚛(!): 𝙿𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚞𝚝𝚝𝚘𝚗 𝚛𝚊𝚙𝚒𝚍𝚕𝚢 𝚒𝚜𝚗'𝚝 𝚐𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚎𝚕𝚎𝚟𝚊𝚝𝚘𝚛 𝚖𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚏𝚊𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛.

Hubbawubba64 wrote:I'm pretty sure since juanjpro is cleaning out the code by rewriting the game entirely with what to add in mind, there won't be many bugs except a memory access violation if some .jpg is somehow left out.
This is a rather naive stance to take with regards to software development IMO; I do not know how proficient juanjpro is in C++, but the language doesn't protect you from fucking yourself over like many other high level-languages do. Converting from a BASIC dialect to C++ is by no means a simple task.
M-x dingus-mode

LORD DEATH wrote:It has a more efficient way of handling memory and processes and it will help clean up some of the "spaghetti" code mess.
The way memory is handled in C++ is similar to the way it's done in Blitz3D, the efficiency comes from carefully writing all the code that's needed for it to work right. Spaghetti code isn't BlitzBASIC's fault, it can happen with C++ too, and it only makes life harder for developers.
SyphenTV wrote:I do think someone should Clean up the code. Even though it might screw up the game, since the whole thing was made with that mess.
How can cleaning up the code screw up the game, if done properly? Cleaning up the code would only make it easier for developers to understand and would not affect performance or stability noticeably, if at all.
MonocleBios wrote:C++ doesn't protect you from fucking yourself over like many other high level-languages do. Converting from a BASIC dialect to C++ is by no means a simple task.
I am aware of this and I'm making decisions with this in mind. The new code I'm writing isn't based on the original code.

juanjpro wrote:
LORD DEATH wrote:It has a more efficient way of handling memory and processes and it will help clean up some of the "spaghetti" code mess.
The way memory is handled in C++ is similar to the way it's done in Blitz3D, the efficiency comes from carefully writing all the code that's needed for it to work right.
He is correct to an extent. C and C++ give you more options for minimizing cache misses, though the opposite is also true.
M-x dingus-mode