Re: The New Suggestions Thread

++Focus++ wrote:
Ravenxeo wrote:
Spoiler
Hey guys! First post...and its a ridiculous wall of text! 8D

You were warned

So, Something on my mind for a while was the addition of a new area to the game, accessible via cargo lift downwards into a Terrarium section. (A fake outdoors area to improve moral and contain several animal SCPs) Areas would included rounded corridors looking like Aquarium corridors surrounded by glass with fake grass and trees to view outside and regular concrete and metal flooring within, intersections with park benches and a central tree or small deactivated fountain, Animal containment rooms, plantlife containment rooms and a remote power/server room as well as a place for one of the doctors to have his office moved to Doesn't matter who...But someone needs to be in charge of this section :3.

The Terrarium would give rise to a proper home to several new SCPs and events (perhaps even a glimpse of a wandering Builder Bear in the undergrowth of the corridors...).

SCP Number: 524
SCP Nickname: Walter the Omnivorous Rabbit
Ingame mechanics: A low level observation room that houses a window into a small grassed enclosure. No sign of 524 except a hole eaten out of the wall underneath the window and another hole under nearby shelves. Certain spawns of the terrarium corridors would have similar eaten holes. Occasional scrabbling in the walls gives the impression it is always moving and chewing.

SCP Number: 038
SCP Nickname: Everything Tree
Ingame mechanics: Much like the Mod except that the power room would allow reactivation of the water mister. Without the mister the tree will not respond to attempts to clone items; only providing the message 'It seems dehydrated' when touched.

SCP Number: 1054
SCP Nickname: 'Garden' Gnome
Ingame mechanics: Viewable via containment window in adjacent observation room. Object sits creepily amongst grass and ceramic toadstools with a few 'Gnome homes' in the immediate vicinity. Seemingly during a state of rest or 'night'.

SCP Number: 1057
SCP Nickname: Absence of Shark
Ingame mechanics: A Large tank of water sits in the center of a large room. A few computer stations litter the ground floor with a staircase leading to the upper floor. Occasional splashing and the deep rumbling noise of a large object gliding around underwater can be heard whilst inside the room. Attempting to interact with the water or tank glass gains the message 'Something tells you that would be a terrible idea'. Stepping into the water results in immediate loud, splash with blurred underwater vision followed just as immediately by a snapping noises muted by water and death with a death message of 'DNA analysis of the heavily desiccated body found within the water of the highly agitated SCP 1057 tells us it belonged to D-(numbers i have forgotten XD) observation of similar reactions with this species suggests the creature was startled'

SCP Number: 1783
SCP Nickname: Cardboard Cutout Dog
Ingame mechanics: A large grassy enclosure viewable through an observation window shows nothing to be found. When the window is looked away from for a moment the sound of movement and panting can be heard, If returned to the window will show the dog sat in the grass staring at the player, making loud whining and occasional barks when not directly viewed to scare and disturb players who do not know of the SCP.

SCP Number: 549
SCP Nickname: Ursa Minor
Ingame mechanics: Able to discover its containment room but the door into its enclosure is opened remotely from its observation room. Entering its observation causes a minor power surge that blacks out the lights and shuts the player in during which loud distressed bear noises are heard followed by a giant metal scream from the doors, the lights then return. Upon leaving the observation room you find the door to its containment room is buckled beyond use, a small gap burst open in the door allows the viewing of a rocky floor and minimal grass beyond. Occasional ambient bear growls and distant roars persist in the terrarium section from that moment forth.

SCP Number: 1013
SCP Nickname: Cockatrice
Ingame mechanics: I'm mainly Unsure of this one but i'll start typing and make it up as i go alone! Perhaps the door to its containment zone is wide open despite needing level 4 to close it. Its enclosure is desert based but empty of presence except the statues of a scientist standing with a hole in its forehead and a guard on the floor, laying nearby is a small box presumably to hold 1013. Staying near the 'statue' for long enough allows you to hear gentle squishing and scratching noises inside also perhaps a lizard hiss if you move too close. A paper on the floor outside in observation is a printed e-mail stating 'New protocols state in the event of a site wide containment breach all instances of 1013 must be remotely contained for general safety reasons' adding underneath in a reply e-mail 'Thank God we only have 1 of them here for testing! I hear over at their original Site-█ they have over [REDACTED] of the bloody things! Can you imagine?!' Interacting with the hole causes pain and the message 'Something bit you!' Over time your movement will slow and before long you will calcify if not killed by MTF, an SCP or cured by 500-1. If you don't calcify inside the Terrarium section the death message will state. 'Cause of death determined to be fatal bite by 1013. The calcified remains being so far from its containment zone are worrying to say the least. Containment Breach threat level elevated.'

SCP Number: 1793
SCP Nickname: Happy Bunny
Ingame mechanics: Viewable in its comfortable living room on a sofa in front of a fire place with a carrot in front of it.
Interaction with its view window will cause the message. 'Lucky sod...'

SCP Number: 250
SCP Nickname: Most of an Allosaurus
Ingame mechanics: The 'Main attraction' down here as it were.
The only way out of the Terrarium is blocked but a note tells of a maintenance passage beyond 250's habitat. The observation room of 250 is very large with large doors to its main enclosure but a smaller human door should the need arise. Beyond the door is the loud sound of thudding footsteps, vegetation being disturbed and crushed and occasional deafening roars that shake the room, the door is openable to see the vegetation and light misting of the environment but entering will cause roaring and quick death. A nearby switch is labeled 'Day' and 'Night' flipping the switch to night causes a power down sound followed by a loud animal groan then a thump and silence. Stepping through the door at that point will allow you to enter the 'night' enclosure and proceed unharmed even able to locate and observe the remains. Attempting to access the door at the far end causes 079 to interfere. The door will close and lock and the lights will shut on with 079s typical sound. Escape is possible as 250 wakes and re-adjusts to its quick shutdown and wake up. At this point played will go to the power room and shut off 'Upper Floor Connection' essentially isolating the terrarium from the upper floor to all but users of the elevators (to prevent electricity based SCPs from spreading to the lower floors or indeed the upper floors). This allows you to switch the 'Night Switch' and proceed safely to the other end wherein you would be able to proceed through the Terrarium's other half for a second chance at SCP spawns and perhaps find an inland dock and a new method of escape and ending.

I would appreciate any feedback...also keep in mind I have both too much time on my hands and far too much imagination..coupled with not enough grammatical sense and a partially broken keyboard and you get...this.
^.^; Your thoughts?
Also, i'm aware most of these SCPs are 'isolated' or unseeable..but the way i see it..If your idea requires a new model or ridiculous animations and cutscenes..I don't see it getting implemented by a team of so few working for free for a project that will also be free. Meanwhile is your ideas are more like references and minor encounters it seems more likely.

And yes I am well aware of the hypocrisy of me saying this while suggesting a whole new game area XD I just dont want to get my own hopes and ideas up about things that require too much work is all :3.
anyway i'm going to actively have to tear myself away from this post XD Thanks for your reading time.

I like this idea, but no so many SCP's as of just yet.
Well its an 'overall' idea to be done gradually..not an all at the same time thing x3
Up and Down and All around.

I agree with that, I think that there needs to be more scps that you can find just in containment that don't really do a whole lot to affect gameplay but serve in increase the feeling of immersion in the world of SCP. There really should be more to the facility that a whole bunch of random tunnels and a few other rooms.
Let's throw everything in and see what happens!

I got a small suggestion idea for the SCP-860 encounter. I hope its not to cliché or whatever. If this doesn't make it in, I understand.

When the character opens the door with 860 and get into the forest, they could be like "I think I just made a mistake..." And its too late for them to go back to the door they entered in. The message could display "The key can't open it anymore...Its to late..Hes coming." Then you hear 860-2's howl from far away. And after you hear the howl the character could say "What was that? A wolf?...But it sounded distorted. Somethings coming, I have to find another way out!.."
Check out my mod here! http://scpcbgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4136

Novice Sound Effect creator/Editor.

AlicornPureSparky wrote:I got a small suggestion idea for the SCP-860 encounter. I hope its not to cliché or whatever. If this doesn't make it in, I understand.

When the character opens the door with 860 and get into the forest, they could be like "I think I just made a mistake..." And its too late for them to go back to the door they entered in. The message could display "The key can't open it anymore...Its to late..Hes coming." Then you hear 860-2's howl from far away. And after you hear the howl the character could say "What was that? A wolf?...But it sounded distorted. Somethings coming, I have to find another way out!.."
The text sounds incredibly cliche IMO, you shouldn't have to tell the player why they're supposed to be scared at that moment.
M-x dingus-mode

I have thought of another really great SCP that should be added to the game. I have always found this to be one of the most disturbing SCPs on the whole site and I think it would fit right into the game. It would not affect game play very much since it is not a threat to the player, but just the thought of knowing that such a thing is wandering around is disturbing enough.

SCP-956 The Child Breaker
In game Mechanics: it somehow got loose during the massive containment breach due to the fact that it was being tested on when the attack occurred. It wanders around the facility and can be randomly encountered similarly to 173 although much less frequently. It is possible but unlikely to see it moving on the security cameras. While you are in the same room as it, or in any adjacent room as it when the door is open, it will not move. It is able to open doors but it will not open any door leading to the room you are in if it is in an adjacent room the way 173 will. It is possible to discover the room where it was contained along with it's SCP document. Near the end of the game you may hear that the MTFs have contained it, or that it has escaped from the facility.

by the way, I will be re posting my list of suggestions soon. (edit: nevermind, ignore that last sentence, see below) my list of suggestions is currently on page 37
Last edited by legendaryweredragon on Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Twisted Polygon wrote:Don't repost! If you want to add to your list, just post it. If you really, really have to, atleast put it in a spoiler tag.
I changed my mind. It is too complicated. I will figure out how to use the spoiler thing and I will continue to post my suggestions on page 37.

Everywhere i go there are people who want more uses for SCPs like 008, 012 and the ring..
but..why?

They do the things that they do because that is what they do.
They are in the game to flesh out the facility not to add fairly unneeded bits and pieces in order to flesh themselves out.
In fact, i'd be happy if 173 had its spawning area cut down dramatically so that we could better enjoy the atmosphere and some more places to go and things to look at without having to deal with something so unnecessarily perilous to the player.
Plus that might stop him dropping out of the ceiling and breaking our spines completely out of nowhere...
Up and Down and All around.