Re: Phanalax's Models

Quick question. Are those scales a texture or are they actually modeled? If they are modeled, we might run into a problem of poly-count. We can't have a model that has such a massive amount of detail in the current engine, and especially not for a creature seen for 2 seconds every once in awhile.

Code: Select all

Omniary: fuck you anglerfish can't smell
Dr. Trialtrex21: how you know bitch
Omniary: it probably could smell you though
could probably smell your fucking dank ass nasty powersuit structure gel trog ass enslaved protein bullshit sloshing in your suit from a mile away

Trialtrex21 wrote:Quick question. Are those scales a texture or are they actually modeled? If they are modeled, we might run into a problem of poly-count. We can't have a model that has such a massive amount of detail in the current engine, and especially not for a creature seen for 2 seconds every once in awhile.
From last page:
Phanalax wrote:The process gos like this: I make a Super High poly model with many little details and awesome things like that. Then I make a low poly one based on the high poly model and "Bake" the details into the low poly. It's sorta like taking the super detailed on and turning it into a texture for a low poly one.
It slep time bunner.

Omniary wrote:
Phanalax wrote:The process gos like this: I make a Super High poly model with many little details and awesome things like that. Then I make a low poly one based on the high poly model and "Bake" the details into the low poly. It's sorta like taking the super detailed on and turning it into a texture for a low poly one.
Sorry, didn't see this.

Code: Select all

Omniary: fuck you anglerfish can't smell
Dr. Trialtrex21: how you know bitch
Omniary: it probably could smell you though
could probably smell your fucking dank ass nasty powersuit structure gel trog ass enslaved protein bullshit sloshing in your suit from a mile away

Alrighty then, good plan. The scales are perfect btw

Phanalax wrote:What do guys think? Am I heading in the right direction?
The model's so well-defined, I feel like I could reach my hand out, touch the picture, and actually feel scales.

Or would, if it wouldn't evade my eyesight, all the time...
The Nightmares...will last...FOREVEEEEERRRRR!
In the event that Nightmare Tank tries to take charge, Dr. Glitch is to warn it, until it ceases its behaviour.

Phanalax wrote:Well maybe we can use a version without bump (normal) maps for blitz3d. Then use a version with normal maps for the unity or the c++ versions if they ever finish.
Don't get your hopes up man. I have seriously high doubts that they will ever get finished. I wanna make a thread about that actually...