Re: SCP-860 implementation list + discussion

juanjpro wrote: It's looking great, but the trees are untextured for me.

Also, items are unable to exist in the forest due to it being under -20 Y.
Whoops, totally forgot about that. The position of the forest is temporary anyways. The only thing I'm really worried about is clipping into the pocket dimension, which is easily fixed(sure it's lazy but it works) by setting an awkward y position(given that the falling item failsafe is for negative y values, +50 should work for now) or offsetting the z or x positions. As for the tree textures, I probably messed up somewhere in packing the release. I'll upload the zip of my full folder and update to 0.7.3 today hopefully.

Edit: Here's the assets + port to 0.7.3, if you still have issues, I'll zip the entire project.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/japxx ... 282%29.zip
M-x dingus-mode

Moonsaber wrote:Do we have any sounds for the monster? Someone could mess around with wolf sounds like Enma_Al originally did or maybe the horrific sounds of a mountain lion scream.
I did make some sounds for it but I don't think we ever completely agreed on what it should sound like before I quit. I could start the project again considering I have absolutely nothing to do every day and should probably spend that time helping people instead of FUCKING PLAYING DOTA 2 AND SLEEPING ALL DAY BUYSDFBJUSDFJUSDHFRHBFUMDVUN >:(
I WANT TO [REDACTED] INSIDE TWILIGHT SPARKLE
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Atheros drivers SUCK!

Benchmark Time!
DL: http://www.mediafire.com/?dzc9a6v7slq4jzm

Instructions:
Record CPU and GPU information however you like.
Extract and run 'BenchmarkTest.exe'
Start a new game with disabled intro.
Once in-game, open the console, record the asset loading time as Asset, turn on the debughud and teleport to the forest.
Once in the forest, look at the ground, record the average FPS as FBaseLoading.
When eventstate2 reaches 124, record eventstate to the nearest 100ms as EStateLoaded, record the average FPS as FBaseLoaded.
Look opposite of the concrete wall, towards the forest.
Open the console and use the command 'fset x' where x is a value between 10 and 60. (Start at x = 10)
Close the console and record the average FPS as FLengthx where x is the previous value used.
Repeat the previous 2 steps increasing x by 5 until x > 60 or FLengthx < 50% of FBaseLoaded.
Post this template:

CPU Information:
GPU Information:
Asset =
FBaseLoading =
EStateLoaded =
FBaseLoaded =
FLength10 =
FLength60 =
Additional Comments:
M-x dingus-mode

MonocleBios wrote:Benchmark Time!
Spoiler
CPU = Intel Core i3-540
GPU = Intel HD Graphics
Asset = 34 seconds
FBaseLoading = 31 fps
EStateLoaded = 7002.52
FBaseLoaded = 31 fps
FLength10 = 21 fps
FLength15 = 16 fps
FLength20 = 15 fps
FLength25 = 13 fps
FLength30 = 10 fps
FLength35 = 8 fps
FLength40 = 8 fps
FLength45 = 7 fps
FLength50 = 5 fps
FLength55 = 5 fps
FLength60 = 5 fps

Additional Comments:
Window Size = 1024x768
Screen Resolution = 1920x1080
I also found out that the source code you're using thinks it's v0.7.2 (figured this out by attempting to load a 0.7.3 file).

juanjpro wrote:I also found out that the source code you're using thinks it's v0.7.2 (figured this out by attempting to load a 0.7.3 file).
I think it's because Regalis didn't update the source code that was provided with v0.7.3 since it was a very quick fix.

Simple new door. Texture might not be final, Itried to put a lot of detail into the hinges and knob a bit. Gets the point across, isn't anything fancy either.

------
Edit:
and PLEASE, if there are any mappers out there for SCP:CB, we need a very easy todo simple testing room. Please see my original post on this at the first page of the topic.

Edit:
and PLEASE, if there are any mappers out there for SCP:CB, we need a very easy todo simple testing room. Please see my original post on this at the first page of the topic.
Allright. I can do it, I have plenty time for it.