A new save option: Safe

In the menu, you have the 2 save options, Euclid and Keter. I thought maybe there could be a THIRD one, called Safe (duh). So Safe would be normal saving, basically Euclid. But they would make Euclid so that you can save as much as you want, and i have 2 ideas for this, you could either have 3 lives or something so you can load games only three times (You can load it as many times as you want, but you can only load 3 times after you DIE). My other idea is that if you are in the radius of an SCP, like two room radius, you're not allowed to save. Then, Keter would be no saves, like usual.
Pewdiepie: Lets just take this nice and ea- *dies*
Markiplier: I dont like this game, but i sure can beat it. *opens door and dies*
Me: LETS DO THIS! *opens door and runs into SCP-106* ._.

Re: A new save option: Safe

The safe has been discussed before, and we still haven't decided what would be the best option for it.
As for your euclid ideas, I don't like them. Why would you only want to have three lives? It would be better to play either safe, or keter for that matter. The second one is...I don't know how to descrive it, but it wouldn't work. You could pretty much use it as an SCP detector, and its random, really, to be abe to save when you are not near SCPs.

I think that for now the difficulty settings are fine.
-Resident Bacon Fanatic-

spartan322 wrote:The safe has been discussed before, and we still haven't decided what would be the best option for it.
As for your euclid ideas, I don't like them. Why would you only want to have three lives? It would be better to play either safe, or keter for that matter. The second one is...I don't know how to descrive it, but it wouldn't work. You could pretty much use it as an SCP detector, and its random, really, to be abe to save when you are not near SCPs.

I think that for now the difficulty settings are fine.
Perhaps in Safe it could be easier to avoid the SCPs.
You know, like how they discussed it to be an actual difficulty.
Safe=Get to know the SCPs without getting kicked in the [DATA EXPUNGED] a lot. Specially by Larry. SCPs easier to avoid and have around 2% of mercy.
Euclid=Normal difficulty. Game as we know it.
Keter= Living hell. SCPs' AI gets upgraded as the game goes on, and their appearances also are more common, making their desire you kick you in the [DATA EXPUNGED] a lot obvious. Specially Larry
Uhm. Yeah, can't come up with anything.

Safe: Doctor mode, scps are all non-hostile and you can watch them to your heart's content.
Euclid: Normal
Keter: Hard
"now that the victim is in place, the killing bite will be administered in 10 seconds." --Valve.

Beware the man that speaks in hands.

☜☝☞☟ ✌

I'd actually do it like this:

Safe: 173 is slower and doesn't chase you as actively around the map, lockroom has more time, gas takes more time to kill you, 106 will have a harder time searching for you, pocket dimension is shorter, map generation makes maps smaller and with less of THOSE rooms (-cough-maintenaincetunnels-cough-), exits are closer, MTFs have less chances of hitting you on heavy-bleed areas. Basically nerfs everything by a bit.
Euclid: Current one.
Keter: No-saving, everything is worse, maps are bigger, contain more complex rooms and have the exits a lot farther, 173 is faster and chases you a lot more actively, 106 is smarter and doesn't let you take rests too often, MTFs shoot you more in the chest but headshots are still as rare to avoid it depending on random-number gods, a real manly challlenge.
sup

roger copy bravo tango mango

Irontaco wrote:I'd actually do it like this:

Safe: 173 is slower and doesn't chase you as actively around the map, lockroom has more time, gas takes more time to kill you, 106 will have a harder time searching for you, pocket dimension is shorter, map generation makes maps smaller and with less of THOSE rooms (-cough-maintenaincetunnels-cough-), exits are closer, MTFs have less chances of hitting you on heavy-bleed areas. Basically nerfs everything by a bit.
Euclid: Current one.
Keter: No-saving, everything is worse, maps are bigger, contain more complex rooms and have the exits a lot farther, 173 is faster and chases you a lot more actively, 106 is smarter and doesn't let you take rests too often, MTFs shoot you more in the chest but headshots are still as rare to avoid it depending on random-number gods, a real manly challlenge.
or
Safe: only difficulty with console commands
:/

spartan322 wrote:
Tgbtgbt wrote:
Irontaco wrote: -long ass explanation-
or
Then euclid would be pointless.
How the heck would it make Euclid pointless? Safe would be with commands and Euclid would be the real deal, except you don't die permanently. :x
Pewdiepie: Lets just take this nice and ea- *dies*
Markiplier: I dont like this game, but i sure can beat it. *opens door and dies*
Me: LETS DO THIS! *opens door and runs into SCP-106* ._.

dinovincent wrote:
spartan322 wrote:
Tgbtgbt wrote: or
Then euclid would be pointless.
How the heck would it make Euclid pointless? Safe would be with commands and Euclid would be the real deal, except you don't die permanently. :x
It would be pointless because, it would be the EXACT same thing, except that there are commands. Thats not worthy of a difficulty change, because commands do not set the difference in difficulty. Commands are cheat codes, you are not supposed to use them when playing.
-Resident Bacon Fanatic-