Different music for different rooms/ambience

Different music for different rooms. Some of the rooms need different music or ambience to go with them. The three way catwalk should have some generator sounds to go with the Big metal box in the middle. The electrical room needs some electrical humming. The room with 1025 and 714 needs a theme. These ambient background noises or tracks would probably be overlayed over the main game song. I suggested this because the facility needs some more sound design.
I WANT TO [REDACTED] INSIDE TWILIGHT SPARKLE
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Atheros drivers SUCK!

Re: Different music for different rooms/ambience

Destructoid wrote:Different music for different rooms. Some of the rooms need different music or ambience to go with them. The three way catwalk should have some generator sounds to go with the Big metal box in the middle. The electrical room needs some electrical humming. The room with 1025 and 714 needs a theme. These ambient background noises or tracks would probably be overlayed over the main game song. I suggested this because the facility needs some more sound design.
While I agree with the idea of different ambient noises for certain rooms, such as gurgling of water in the maintenance tunnels, or a very low drone in 106's chamber, I dislike the idea of changing music for every single room.

It sounds like it would be very disruptive to walk into one room for the music to end, and a new theme to start, and when you walk out the other door, the theme awkwardly fades out and the old theme plays again. Already as it is, 079's room is a good example, the only real saving grace is that it's a dead end. Whenever I enter, The Dread ends on an odd key and AI plays suddenly, which I personally find a bit ... odd. However, I really love the way there is an absence of music in some rooms. Entering 106's containment chamber, seeing his picture, and the supportive music dropping immediately is extremely unnerving. Same with 895.

I do agree that the sound design should be amped up beyond the occasional ambient noise, and should be unique to the specific situation. Different room drones based off their size and depth could certainly improve the atmosphere, as well as echoes in much deeper rooms, like the Large Gas Chamber.
It slep time bunner.

Destructoid wrote:Not different music for every room, just certain special rooms. And even then probably some unnerving bass over the dread. Since the ones warhead is implied to be deep underground the low hum of the earths depths could prove to raise the menacing Ness.
There really aren't that many special rooms that I can think of that I think deserve their own theme. Maintenance tunnels for sure, but there's not too many that are so long to traverse that they need their own theme, most of the rooms to get one should be a dead end room, or a very large one at that. But I definitely agree with the idea of having certain rooms have instruments that lay over The Dread, such as some electronic synth playing over in the electrical center, and maybe repetitive and tension-building clicks in the Server Rooms to make the process a whole lot more tedious. And faint sirens for the Alpha Warhead rooms.

If we can gather more royalty free horror background music, that'd be nice. Anxiety by Kevin Macloed is very similar to the Dread, but oh so different and would fit perfectly in the game.
It slep time bunner.

Have anyone thought about someone making theme music for the SCPs? Instrumental of course. It doesn't have to be overwhelming music either, just music that changes with the amience of the sounds that are already being played. For instance, you're playing the game and you hear a ambience music being played. Let's say you enter SCP 895's containment cell. The theme will slowly ease into the ambience music as the player gets closer to the SCP. If it was done correctly, it just might work. Also, I agree that the game needs more ambience sounds in the game. Sounds such as generators, water dripping from a faucet in a bathroom, maybe even the A/C unit being used in certain areas. All of these things help to improve the game's feel. I would also suggest the use of silence in certain areas of the room where a big threat may lie in wait.

Stormy wrote:Have anyone thought about someone making theme music for the SCPs? Instrumental of course. It doesn't have to be overwhelming music either, just music that changes with the amience of the sounds that are already being played. For instance, you're playing the game and you hear a ambience music being played. Let's say you enter SCP 895's containment cell. The theme will slowly ease into the ambience music as the player gets closer to the SCP. If it was done correctly, it just might work.
Hmm, this a bit interesting. I don't think too much that 'themes' for each SCP should be implemented, but unique ambient noises in their rooms would be cool.

865: Subtle screeching and static effects.
372: Light, flickering sounds like that of leaves rustling.
714/1025: A light hum and pages being turned maybe?
914: Low, deep gears turning.
106: Echoey breathing that bounces between the walls.
173: Horror5.ogg.
096: Fainter, calmer versions of 096_1.
079: Dated electronic sounds, a bit similar to 895, that can be heard near the actual computer itself.
It slep time bunner.

Omniary wrote:
Stormy wrote:Have anyone thought about someone making theme music for the SCPs? Instrumental of course. It doesn't have to be overwhelming music either, just music that changes with the amience of the sounds that are already being played. For instance, you're playing the game and you hear a ambience music being played. Let's say you enter SCP 895's containment cell. The theme will slowly ease into the ambience music as the player gets closer to the SCP. If it was done correctly, it just might work.
Hmm, this a bit interesting. I don't think too much that 'themes' for each SCP should be implemented, but unique ambient noises in their rooms would be cool.

079: Dated electronic sounds, a bit similar to 895, that can be heard near the actual computer itself.
Horror5 is used while 106 is emerging from the ground, to answer your old question.
I WANT TO [REDACTED] INSIDE TWILIGHT SPARKLE
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Atheros drivers SUCK!

Omniary wrote:

You nailed it Omniary. Something like that is what I had envisioned. I didn't know what else to call it but themes lol. But yeah, I would think that would be awesome if we could have unique sounds for each SCP.