MTF General Thread

Copied from old forum.

As you may have heard, the Mobile Task Forces will be added in the next update (which will be released at Halloween).

They're actually in the game already, but still need a lot of work. This is how I've planned them to act (any suggestions are welcome of course):

- They enter the facility when the player is close enough to one of the exits.

- There are three teams, each consisting of three members.

- Two of the teams start checking important rooms such as the containment rooms and the electrical room (this is actually implemented already). If they encounter 173, they try to recontain it. I'm still not quite sure how they should do it, maybe just put it in a box and take the box back to the containment cell?

- One of the teams heads to 106's containment room and carries out the recall protocol if the player hasn't done it already.

- If any of the groups see the player, they'll try to terminate him. If the player manages to escape and avoid them long enough, they'll get back to their original mission.

- After 106 and 173 (and 096 when he's added) have been captured, they'll start actively searching for the player. If he's is seen by a security camera, the MTF will be informed of his location. If the player is not out of the facility at this point, he probably won't survive for long.

---------------------------

Currently I'm using the placeholder guard model, but we could of course use a real model as soon as possible. I found a pretty good free soldier model from Turbosquid, so if anyone wants to use it as a base, here. Actually, it wouldn't need much tweaking to be used for the guards as well.

Again, feel free to post suggestions on what they should look like.

---------------------------
SCP:CB Administrator. 99% of my statements are my own and do not represent the official developers viewpoint.

Re: MTF General Thread

Nice to see the trio won't always be impervious to a thousand volt wall of electricity, judging by the audio lines. That would make an extremely tense moment where they call off the gates, and you try to get a head start.
It slep time bunner.

Omniary wrote:Nice to see the trio won't always be impervious to a thousand volt wall of electricity, judging by the audio lines. That would make an extremely tense moment where they call off the gates, and you try to get a head start.
I would actually assume that the player could use the electric walls to evade the MTF's considering that you will be more agile and thus can run through the wall, while their bulky gear slows them down.
SCP:CB Administrator. 99% of my statements are my own and do not represent the official developers viewpoint.

Yes, speed is something I've noted for the MTF. They're pretty fast right now (2.5) It almost seems that they're jogging or running, I expected them to be walking pretty slowly actually and taking a lot of time to make sure it's safe.

I need to know if they are actually walking fast/running -- Regalis?

Random compilation of MTF ideas, thanks to Mirocaine for inspiration.
_

As discussed with Mirocaine, several good inspirations for the MTF models , aside from the ones already being created by current users, come from these images.

Image 1
Image 2

Though these models would most likely have a blue or white armor color instead of all black, black would be more suited for "evil" organization (Chaos insurgency). They also fit, in my opinion, the aesthetic style of an MTF soldier since they do not look to sci-fi looking nor unreal enough.
_

Each of the nine operatives would have a different name and designation, on their back would be their squad designation (MTF-1) while on their chest would be either a name or nickname, could open an opportunity to reference either characters from other media or forum users/contributors.

For example.

MTF-1, Regalis
MTF-2, Deadeye
MTF-3, Danial
etc

_

As per an earlier suggestion, and hinted at before hand, a system of hiding from the MTF is paramount since due to the layout of the Site avoiding the MTF squads is near impossible, especially since they currently path find straight for the player. A stealth system could be as simple as hiding under a desk or a corner, or as complex as games such as Dishonored or Thief.

_

That is what I have come up for the moment, though more ideas come all the time.

Nice ideas. Since the facility has a marked lack of hiding places, I recommend giving the MTFs Gebome soldier vision, aka small, short field of view MGS1 style, this would allow you to hide in corners and such instead of trying to madly find an office with that tarp thing to hide behind. Also, HUNK is best pony.
I WANT TO [REDACTED] INSIDE TWILIGHT SPARKLE
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Atheros drivers SUCK!

Very nice suggestions, the hiding system should be accomplished simply by a crouch feature, that shouldn't be too hard to enable, otherwise hiding would be standing behind desks, which would not be very helpful.

The naming feature seems a bit interesting, only issue would be 9 different models for a name on their back, I do think the leader should have an alternate color scheme regardless though, possibly Captain Ryan from your old character list?

But yeah, I think the little reference designations are cool nods. I especially found the Regalis one humorous.

I think the current model is fine, I think the visor should be altered a bit, though, it seems too generic and diminishes their individuality and makes them look more like typical 'military' soldiers. I think a modified riot mask could suffice in its place, maybe with some sort of oxygen support system like that of a gas mask, so their facial features are still visible, yet they can go through rooms like the gas-regulated cat walk.

I think another addition for the Mobile Task Forces would be their color scheme. While the textures are great, I don't necessarily feel that the color matches the specific Task Force (it couldn't have been helped, it was only revealed in the new update). With the group name "Nine Tailed Fox", I feel the current dark indigo/grey textures don't suit them as much. For NTF, I would think a color scheme consisting primarily of orange, an auburn lining and hints of cream. An example of the NTF color scheme(note, this is just to give an idea). I think the blue color scheme could do for 'Cloud Nine', also at the facility, if they appear at Gate A.

I also have some generic MTF names in the characters thread if they're needed.
It slep time bunner.

Steelpoint wrote:Random compilation of MTF ideas, thanks to Mirocaine for inspiration.
_

As discussed with Mirocaine, several good inspirations for the MTF models , aside from the ones already being created by current users, come from these images.

Image 1
Image 2

Though these models would most likely have a blue or white armor color instead of all black, black would be more suited for "evil" organization (Chaos insurgency). They also fit, in my opinion, the aesthetic style of an MTF soldier since they do not look to sci-fi looking nor unreal enough.
Hunk is very cool, as well as s-10 gas mask (I own one of these xD), but a lot of people know him, so they will recognize him in the game. Maybe we could use only the S-10 gas mask and change all the other stuff.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... g_1619.jpg
http://www.instinctsmi.co.uk/ESW/Images ... e-hood.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3004/244 ... 32575b.jpg
http://www.journal.dnd.ca/vo8/no4/images/Horn-06.jpg
http://alstoys.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/bsas17.jpg
http://old.enciclopedia.com.pt/en/images/cdttag28vj.jpg
DON'T SHOOT! LET THEM BURN!