[SCRAPPED SUGGESTION] Biohazard-SCPs' containment zone

I think that changing SCP-049's area in a bigger version, with something like 4 places where SCP-008 and SCP-035 could spawn (they would not spawn in the Heavy Containment Zone but in one of the four avaible points in this area, the other two could just be dead-ends...) and 4-5 zombies wandering around could be useful; because all the "Biohazard-SCPs" can be in the same underground area (you could access there with an elevator in the Heavy Containment Zone) separated from the rest of the facility.
That could make sense because if one member of the personnel gets infected, he/she could infect other people before getting terminated/cured; so keeping the SCPs that can infect someone in a separated underground area could reduce the possibility for the illness to expand in the facility (and having a separate zone in the facilty only for 049 seems a bit pointless in my opinion. Yeah, it can make easier to control him and avoid possible infections but even that seems a bit exxagerated...).
Since SCP-860 (and another ultra-secrer SCP...) will be added in future versions, I think that "merging" the rooms of these three SCPs by putting them in a small area should not give the idea of "lacking of SCPs" in the higher level of the facility...

SCPs IN THE AREA:
SCP-049 (+ some SCP-049-2, aka the zombies, wandering in the area...)
SCP-035 + SCP-148 (SCP-148 is not a byological hazard, but it should be in this zone because you can find it only in SCP-035's room...)
SCP-008

A POSSIBLE SHAPE OF THE AREA:
Spoiler

YELLOW= corridor similar to the standard 049's area corridor (each one with a zombie in the middle)
RED= one of the 4 places where SCP-008 and SCP-035 can spawn; if the door doesn't lead to a containment chamber it will be a dead-end similar to the room where 049 comes out
DARK BLUE= SCP-049's large containment chamber
GREEN= the little room where 049 comes out and starts chasing you
BROWN= the corridor that leads to 049's containment chamber (it will have two zombies near the big open blast door)
LIGHT BLUE= button-door (the doors that lead to the corridor of 049's containment chamber will have a broken button and will be always open, so you can't close them)
GREY= elevator that you can use to enter/exit the area and continue trough the rest of the facility

Sorry if the drawing sucks, I made it with Paint...
-------------------------

I know I already suggested that in another discussion but the idea was "too off-topic" so I edited the post and deleted the useless part, moving it there.
I hope that's not considered spamming... :?

Probably it would be hard to make this big area to not collide with the Maintenance Tunnel...
This is just a suggestion based of my personal idea of 049's containment area (it's nothing official or confirmed...), what do you think about it? :)
Last edited by Mr. Shy-Guy on Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
:173: :106: <Please, give us a hug!)
:096: <Do you think my face is ugly? RHAAAAAR!! )
:049: <I sense the Desease in you! Take a nap and you'll get better...)

Re: [SUGGESTION] Biohazard-SCPs' containment zone

Taking the nature of both 049 and 008 into consideration, I feel that the Foundation would want to keep these two as far away from each other as possible. A zombie plague in the same chamber as the zombie-manufacturing plague doctor? That's practically waiting for something bad to happen.

I can't say your reasoning doesn't make sense though. The idea has merit, just develop it a little more and perhaps further justify the proximity of these two dangerous objects.

Tomgrakk wrote:Taking the nature of both 049 and 008 into consideration, I feel that the Foundation would want to keep these two as far away from each other as possible. A zombie plague in the same chamber as the zombie-manufacturing plague doctor? That's practically waiting for something bad to happen.

I can't say your reasoning doesn't make sense though. The idea has merit, just develop it a little more and perhaps further justify the proximity of these two dangerous objects.
If I'm not wrong, 049 sees everybody that is not zombizied as "infected" and will attemp to perform a manual surgery after Killing them with his "lethal touch", he will "operate his patient" (now dead...) by inserting substances in his body. After some minutes SCP-049-2 will re-vive (049 uses only dead patients killed by himself...), now zombified.
So I think that he could recognize the virus as "harmful for his patients"; if no kind of incidents occours and 049 does not see somebody infected by 008 turning into a zombie, he would see 008 as an harmful object for his patients and try to keep them away from it (apparently he says the he's the only one who can save the uman race from "the disease"; he is the cure...)
And 049 does not have a KeyCard, so he can't open the door to 008's containment chamber.

Obviously this is just an hypotesis, 049 never heard of 008 when contained... :) (another reason for why he could just don't pay attention to 008 since its document is inside its room. I think that 049 would not know that it's a zombifier-virus simply by viewing an image of a microorganism took with a microscope near a door, so there shouldn't be a such high chance of him getting interested in it...)

Mr. Shy-Guy wrote:
If I'm not wrong, 049 sees everybody that is not zombizied as "infected" and will attemp to perform a manual surgery after Killing them with his "lethal touch", he will "operate his patient" (now dead...) by inserting substances in his body. After some minutes SCP-049-2 will re-vive (049 uses only dead patients killed by himself...), now zombified.
Mr. Shy-Guy wrote:EVERYBODY that is not zombified as "infected"
In the sudden interview when 049 was revealed to be able to talk, he clearly said he did not sense the disease in the doctor overseeing/recording his transportation. How 049 decides who has the disease is as of yet still speculated, though some likely speculation is:

Sin(D-Class were likely the only ones tested)
Cleanliness(Doctors/Criminals)

But that's mostly irrelevant.
I Survived SCP-106's Pocket Dimension And All I Got Was This Stupid ID Card

That Same Anon wrote: In the sudden interview when 049 was revealed to be able to talk, he clearly said he did not sense the disease in the doctor overseeing/recording his transportation. How 049 decides who has the disease is as of yet still speculated, though some likely speculation is:

Sin(D-Class were likely the only ones tested)
Cleanliness(Doctors/Criminals)
UHI! You're right! :gasp: Sorry, I forgot about that... (my memory sucks! :laugh: )
So, 049 does not sense the disease in everybody; that means opening 008's canister and making it spread in the air ducts of the facility would just be like "giving the wrong medicinal to his patients" and that would be dangerous for them (because some would have the disease and some not...). I think he's enough smart to figure that out and, obviously, decide to do not free 008.

One of the problems that could appear with 008 and 049/the zombies near each other would be the chance for the player to close them with a KeyCard inside one of the two 008's containment chamber little rectangular rooms; but I think that getting around it would be easy (maybe making 079, if the remote door control is ON, open the door for 049 or the zombies if the player locked them in 008's little rooms. But even that would be hard: due to the narrow and small corridor and rooms, even using 714 would make you stay in conctact with 049 enough to make him took off your ring and touch you...)
So trying to close them in 008's room, other than beign risky due to how easy you could be killed by 049 even when using 714 like I said before, would be completely useless (because 079 will let them free again after some seconds...). And taking OFF the remote door control is useless too since you would already passed the underground Biohazard Zone (and the entire Heavy Containment Zone) to reach the electrical center in Entrance Zone, unless you want to make fun of 049... :laugh:

while this actually does look like a good idea, what reason would the foundation make a room like that? Is it because they think that both SCP-049 and SCP-008 have the same abilities that can be some what relate as they can reanimate the dead, and while one member during a discussion suggested that there should be a test between of these two if they really are related and then make a room as they can share in this new containment zone?

Edited the first post and the drawing.

Since SCP-035 is now in the game it could be placed there (you know, the walls of the room are covered by a corrosive blood-like substance and even the official SCP-035's wiki page says that you need a hazmat suit to enter there...), and having zombies and SCP-049 between the road that you need to find SCP-008 and get the hazmat suit could make them a bit more of a threat...
In the actual game, finding 008 to get the hazmat suit and then entering 035's room to grab SCP-148 in the Heavy Containment Zone seems a bit similar to the "trip" that you need to do to open Gate B: find the electrical center, talk to SCP-079, get back to the electrical center... So, even if the area is much smaller, 049 and the zombies could make your task harder but you would get SCP-148 as a "prize" for your actions.
And SCP-035 could give a smaller "kingdom of viruses and zombies-like feeling" to the place since it has nothing to do with them.

Initially I imagined this place with 5-6 SCPs around but since there are not so many infective SCPs in the game, a place like that could not be that useful in the actual state of the game... (it could work in a good way only with A LOT of SCPs in the upper section of the level, so it doesn't seem "empty"...)

But, like I said before, this is just a suggestion... :)

I am sure that your idea is possible to do if we think about it. :)

The design you showed up is not too hard to made, I think, and this could put some interesting interaction between these 3 SCPs. (I mean, like the update of SCP-008, you need to do something about it).