[SUGGESTION] List of keycodes for the HCZ blast doors?

Hello guys so this is my first thread and I just thought of a plausible idea for the game. Feel free to lock this thread if my suggestion is stupid.

Now whether it's next to the elevator or on two of the four sides of the big test room in the Heavy Containment Zone, there are blast doors that have keypads which are inoperable in the original game. In the (wonderfully made) Box of Horrors mod though, thanks to SCP-005, all of those blast doors can be opened, making travelling through the HCZ a bit more easier and convenient. Is it possible that (whether in the original game or applied in the mod) that those blast doors are now operable and have different keycodes each which can be used to open them, but that finding the paper listing all of them would be very risky?

Basically, I'm suggesting that on the LCZ, if you can find the right location, there's a paper that can be picked up which lists all for the keycodes for each blast doors in the HCZ, and that, like Dr. Maynard's access code paper, it's randomized and can only be found if you take a risk (getting sent to the pocket dimension). I don't know where the paper could spawn or something, but maybe it could be a potential good reason to access certain chambers (perhaps close to the coffin, next to the closet room where 173's nearby already, or has a chance to appear in SCP-1025?) I know that most likely this sounds stupid or non-canon, so I want to know if anybody thinks that this is a good idea or not.
SCP: Eric Breach nanomod maker (if anyone wants to revamp it be my guest, as it is now defunct)
Fan of Doctor Who, Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, Sleepy Hollow, Person of Interest, Happy (2017) and Silicon Valley. And also MCU films.

Re: [SUGGESTION] List of keycodes for the HCZ blast doors?

autotroph wrote:Hello guys so this is my first thread and I just thought of a plausible idea for the game. Feel free to lock this thread if my suggestion is stupid.
Pfff, that's silly, your thread wouldn't get locked for something as opinionated as that.

For the actual suggestion, I think it's actually very interesting and could work if not made overpowered. There could be a list of 10 or so predetermined codes for these doors, and each game, each of the keypad doors are randomly given one of the 10 codes, so you'd have to find the paper, and then try each of the codes on each door until you find out which one applies for which. Perhaps you could find it in some room in the HCZ so that you'd have to go through some sort of trials in order to get it.
It slep time bunner.

I thought about having all codes on seperate papers at different locations.

- maintenance tunnels: the code is found in the small storage room, instead of the medikit
- SCP-049's chamber: the code is found on the floor of the room itself, so you'd have to activate SCP-049

That'd make obtaining the codes risky and you'd only have to cross the tunnels once. For the big testroom, the code shouldn't be too hard to get since the testroom is only a waste of time. Maybe it can be found at the floor where the SCP-682 document is currently.
Do you think NASA invented thunderstorms to cover up the sound of space battles?

MonocleBios wrote:Why not just leave the code generation to RNG, as opposed to having 10 predetermined ones? The rest of the idea sounds neat.
That works too, I feel that it's just as random, either way, considering that there are no particular gains off of having all 10 codes be randomly generated other than to say that they are. Might write up an example document tomorrow to see how it'd look.
It slep time bunner.

I think this is actually a great idea, and with there being multiple pages with codes, it could give much more reason to go near or trigger certain SCPs, like the suggested 049 or 012 even. Also having a number of codes on one paper per door in which only one works is good too. I think it would be best if each paper didn't really specify which door it worked with, so you never know which paper works with which door. In that sense you have to make the difficult decision on whether or not to keep like 2-3 pages of codes when your inventory is full, just cause you might eventually come across a matching door. It would keep it from being too easy to unlock all the blast doors, and would add the stressful decision of choosing between potentially opening a shortcut, or tossing a page cause you need the space and being forced down the tunnels. Maybe even add a dummy list of codes that doesn't work with any doors and/or a set of doors that doesn't have a working code. Like this, you end up keeping things very similar to how they currently are in regards to the blast doors, but with the added bonus "if you're willing to take risks and get lucky, you get a shortcut".

I can't believe this is implemented in 1.0.3! :D Well in a weird way it did happen though.

I mean, it's seriously weird. If you read SCP-372's document you'll see 4 numbers written at the bottom. If you enter the number at the keypad for the blast door of the Maintenance Tunnels, it actually opens! Neat! Now it seems as if we have to pay even more attention to documents now.

It's very odd to implement the keycode in that document though. It doesn't make sense why the numbers just end up there. Perhaps showing the number as a ripoff from a piece of paper would be nice? But all's well and good otherwise, albeit it feels a bit like cheating that way :)
SCP: Eric Breach nanomod maker (if anyone wants to revamp it be my guest, as it is now defunct)
Fan of Doctor Who, Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, Sleepy Hollow, Person of Interest, Happy (2017) and Silicon Valley. And also MCU films.