Has anyone considered an "Opposing Force" type mod?

I'm going to be clear here-i'm not a coder, or an artist, or a 3d developer. I know absolutely nothing about computers or how you make a modification with one.

But today, it occurred to me that SCP: CB is actually alot like the original half life. Which is really awesome, considering. As you progress deeper into the facility, find more and more secrets, and a specialized unit for containing things is sent in to control the situation. Then, when they fail, the black operatives are sent in, to kill everything and everyone. And when that fails, a nuclear warhead is detonated. And there's a mysterious guy in a suit who shows up whenever something important happens.

What I wanted to know was this: would it be possible to create a sort of mod where you play as a stranded MTF trooper, entering the facility and getting isolated from your team? Naturally your firearms would be useless against SCP's, but it would offer a whole new world of possibility, of rescuing the hapless scientists, recruiting guards to follow you and leading the charge against Chaos Insurgency operatives.

Is this, in any form, possible?

Re: Has anyone considered an "Opposing Force" type mod?

That's entirely possible, but that would require a HUGE rewrite of the source code of SCP:CB (assuming we're 'modding' the game itself). I think it's a pretty good idea to develop a completely new game with a new engine though.
SCP: Eric Breach nanomod maker (if anyone wants to revamp it be my guest, as it is now defunct)
Fan of Doctor Who, Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, Sleepy Hollow, Person of Interest, Happy (2017) and Silicon Valley. And also MCU films.