Re: Virtual Reality??? (No. NOT Oculus Rift.)

Seriously, Oculus has showed a lot of potential ever since it was first shown off and now it's almost at a release point. I honestly think it's pretty stupid to try and make your own version of it at this point. We already have the Oculus Rift, I'm pretty sure we don't need another one, even if it does just add 'eye sensors'.

And no, I am not an Oculus fan.
InnocentSam wrote:you're essentially telling people (who are better than you) what to do,
Even then, you shouldn't take that tone on anyone. It's like telling people to kill themselves on the internet, just don't do it.
The preparation for a dive is always a tense time

Theimperfectbeing wrote:
WillWow_mc wrote:Damn these occulus fans...

The Occulus isn't the first VR headset. Look up the VR boom from something like the 1970s...
It's also pretty crap. Seriously. I mean, it's not bad, it's just mainstream and idolized. That, my friends, is why many better products never get past prototyping.

Also, about having a vest that has pressure... (gizmos?) inside it to make you feel touched by in-game entities? Guess what! It's already been made before! Yes, for something like the old SEGA console! Wow!

And about people who don't know how things work and still say do this, do that... I agree with InnocentSam. I, myself, developing games know for a fact it can be very hard and annoying to do one small thing.

But I'm not bashing you guys, I'm just saying. Sorry if I offended anyone! This is more of a factual comment to fill you guys in on the... topic.
If you don't mean to offend anyone then you shouldn't put all this unnecessary sarcasm and the "Damn these occulus fans..". You just end up coming off as obnoxious.
Sorry about that. If you want you can remove it, I'm ok with that. It's just what came out of my mouth at the time. :oops:
My YouTube account: https://www.youtube.com/user/BoltBarkingatthemoon
I know my avatar isn't exactly 'creative'. It's mostly so bronies can identify it but non-bronies have no idea.

Honestly, I don't think anything can top Oculus. Maybe Morphus if anything, but oculus has done nothing but improve.. Playing on it itself is absolutely stunning considering its in a dev stage still, I just can't wait til the consumer comes out. Yes, I am a die hard oculus fan, It was the first VR set that actually worked and all these other companies trying to top it are just copy-cats in my opinion. Like literally, if there was no oculus, then there would be any VR headset that are being made now. :/