[suggestion] Fear meter

I was thinking about how scary the ambiance and the feelings are in scp:cb. and i was wondering if the character ever panics when he sees another scp like 096 or 173 or 106 ect ect.

what if there was a way to gauge that fear so i thought of a type of fear meter. something like a sanity meter in amnesia where daniels sanity gets drained. but with the fear meter whenever our faithful d class gets 173 popped up in front of him the fear meter rises dramaticly causing the following increased adreneline,faster blinking,decreased stamina,blurry vision ect ect.

it could make the game more realistic whenever something starts chasing you and all of a sudden the d class starts mumbling and freaking out on himself.

Re: [suggestion] Fear meter

ac30fspad35 wrote:I was thinking about how scary the ambiance and the feelings are in scp:cb. and i was wondering if the character ever panics when he sees another scp like 096 or 173 or 106 ect ect.

what if there was a way to gauge that fear so i thought of a type of fear meter. something like a sanity meter in amnesia where daniels sanity gets drained. but with the fear meter whenever our faithful d class gets 173 popped up in front of him the fear meter rises dramaticly causing the following increased adreneline,faster blinking,decreased stamina,blurry vision ect ect.

it could make the game more realistic whenever something starts chasing you and all of a sudden the d class starts mumbling and freaking out on himself.
This was suggested before, and it's been denied before. Though as a mod? I still don't see it happening, no offense.
My YouTube. I make bad content.
My Steam. Add me if you'd like.

ac30fspad35 wrote:I was thinking about how scary the ambiance and the feelings are in scp:cb. and i was wondering if the character ever panics when he sees another scp like 096 or 173 or 106 ect ect.

If you have ANY ideas, models, OR suggestions, post that in the Collaboration section, I understand that you are new here, but post that suggestion in the collaboration form.
I'm a thread of yarn.

Eric? SHE PEES

"Run! Get to Gate-A or B! Try to run without SCP's and MTF's spotting you! Try to get items that help, and escape."

Airplane611 wrote:

If you have ANY ideas, models, OR suggestions, post that in the Collaboration section, I understand that you are new here, but post that suggestion in the collaboration form.
ACTUALLY, you can post suggestions in the modding topic if you think it is a good idea to become a mod.

EDIT: Taken from here, first list, fifth statement:
Irontaco wrote:5. Requests for mods are always welcomed in the forums and you are free to ask for anything you'd like to see in a mod.
Spoiler
Airplane611 wrote:I understand that you are new here, but post that suggestion in the collaboration form.
Plz.

ac30fspad35 wrote:Oh sorry bout that im still new here. really it was denied?...aww welp guess like im gonna have to think of better things. sorry for the noobishness of my post :P
Well, you were pretty much asking for the entire Sanity meter from Amnesia: The Dark Descent into SCP - Containment Breach.

...I don't see this happening, but I could see kind of a fear system.
If D-9341 sees an entity that's after his ass, the vision could drag a little (Kind of like with seeing 106 now), and stay that way for a while. Run could decrease slightly slower out of fear.
π™±πš•πš’πšπš£πŸΉπ™³ π™΄πš›πš›πš˜πš›(!): π™Ώπš›πšŽπšœπšœπš’πš—πš πšπš‘πšŽ πš‹πšžπšπšπš˜πš— πš›πšŠπš™πš’πšπš•πš’ πš’πšœπš—'𝚝 πšπš˜πš’πš—πš 𝚝𝚘 πš–πšŠπš”πšŽ πšπš‘πšŽ πšŽπš•πšŽπšŸπšŠπšπš˜πš› πš–πš˜πšŸπšŽ πšπšŠπšœπšπšŽπš›.

Hubbawubba64 wrote:Run could decrease slightly slower out of fear.
Wouldn't it make more sense for the opposite to happen? I'd image it functioning similar to the sprinting mechanics in Slender: The Arrival, where whenever you see Slenderman or the proxy you get an "adrenaline rush" and you sprint faster for a short period of time until they're out of sight. A similar thing could work in CB, although imo it sounds like a waste of time to implement because I don't really see this being useful a whole lot.

Would be kind of cool for the player to get so scared he suffers a heart attack, but regardless such a system doesn't exactly feel right for SCP:CB I am not even sure of the main character's medical condition I assume for that to happen he'd probably have a weak heart, incapable of dealing with the blood pumping fast (Yes I know that strayed off-topic) I guess you could say the best you could hope for is for Regalis to add in some breathing sounds after the SCP's in question come into the players view, showing the player is scared, might get annoying if not done right though.
Mandatory blank signature, here.