Re: Extra set of MTF voice lines from SFK363

KirbyMario12345 wrote:These are pretty good! They seem to have more emotion and passion put into them than the original voice actor. (No offense to him, though he has a great MTF/guard voice, he doesn't quite have the emotion in his voice acting) Although I could equally imagine the Foundation teaching staff members to stay calm and follow instructions during the events of a containment breach.
Thanks. I think I can compare myself to the original actor objectively now.

My pros:
-Am available very often, means that rerecording stuff between days is no hassle for me
-Knowing how to edit stuff myself
-Sounding younger (I'm only 14 though - I wonder how tough or professional I could sound during adulthood)
-More emotional when it's called for

My cons:
-Sounding younger (notice this is also a pro)
-Accent isn't completely solid, because I'm Swedish

undead003 wrote: Thanks. I think I can compare myself to the original actor objectively now.

My pros:
-Am available very often, means that rerecording stuff between days is no hassle for me
-Knowing how to edit stuff myself
-Sounding younger (I'm only 14 though - I wonder how tough or professional I could sound during adulthood)
-More emotional when it's called for

My cons:
-Sounding younger (notice this is also a pro)
-Accent isn't completely solid, because I'm Swedish
I see the pros and cons clearly. However, sounding Swedish isn't a problem, since the Foundation hires from every nation, and therefore it's not a bad situation!

Also, Vinesauce's Joel is Swedish, and he has grown into a semi-American accent. I think once you're a little older you'll fit the role even better! Also, I'm almost 18 and your voice is lower pitched than mine :oops: so yeah :P

KirbyMario12345 wrote:
undead003 wrote:More sounds. Thanks to a friend for most of the transcripts and ideas for these. They could ideally be used instead of the other 173 guard lines I posted earlier.

-snippity many links-
These are pretty good! They seem to have more emotion and passion put into them than the original voice actor.
These are probably meant for the guard on the balcony of 173's Containment Chamber, who has no voice at all.

The two guards in the Intro + Franklin (announcer in chamber) are super well VA'd imo.
sup

roger copy bravo tango mango

Agreed - I think the other intro guards should stay as they are audio-wise. And yes, to clarify, the lines I posted are for the balcony guard.

Now for my thoughts on the internationality... well... yeah, the Foundation is international, but I'm thinking, since there's mostly American accents in the game's site, it's most likely located in North America. I'm not too sure how a Swede would come there - and I'm less sure on how to approach the Swedish accent, if I were to do one. I'm from Skåne, the southernmost part of Sweden (a big difference is how we say R - we say it like the French and Germans do) - the Swedish accents you hear from others are likely located further north, and I'd have to practice a bit to nail those. Unless a Skåne accent is actually wanted. That'd make for something unique. :)

Here's an exaggerated example.

EDIT: SCP-106, if he'd speak... into your head.

New things:

I found ItsDuke's raw clips for the MTF from an old post, which inspired me to take up the mic I have right now and record all of the MTF lines that I've recorded in one take.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/r2i ... ixdown.ogg

It doesn't actually capture it that well - I would probably need a pop filter or something and keep it in front of me. But that's kind of excusable since it's all recorded in one take. In the recording, I kept the mic pressed against my cheek (it's a small mic that's supposed to attach to the cable of your headphones). It's the best spot I can find without too much popping right now, but it doesn't react well to loud speech.

This isn't really serious, to be honest. Keep that in mind. I do think I should record raw lines sometime though, just for preservation.

Well, I've accidently decieved two people into thinking that I'm an adult (by not only my voice but my appearance). Plus, most people say that I sound at least 18 (or somewhere around that range), but so far you're the only one that has criticized my attempt at voice acting and thinks that I sound like a child.

I actually appreciate that you tell me what you think, but I can confirm that it's likely that the stuff will be added to the game, so you will probably end up not liking that.