Re: A compilation of a few bugfixes (for version 1.0.4)

Lel, why don't you limit your FPS to 60? Most screens are only 60hz, so you don't need to use memory and GPU power calculating frames that won't be able to be refreshed on the screen. Or, you may have frames blending into other frames rather than being one frame at a time.
My YouTube account: https://www.youtube.com/user/BoltBarkingatthemoon
I know my avatar isn't exactly 'creative'. It's mostly so bronies can identify it but non-bronies have no idea.

WillWow_mc wrote:Lel, why don't you limit your FPS to 60? Most screens are only 60hz, so you don't need to use memory and GPU power calculating frames that won't be able to be refreshed on the screen. Or, you may have frames blending into other frames rather than being one frame at a time.
Go into options.ini and set framelimit to 0. Then the FPS will be limited to your screen's refresh rate, which in your case, sounds like it is probably 60. Problem solved.
-note that to comply with Regalis' decision to modify my framelimiting code a bit in 1.0.4 you once again cannot render more fps than your screen's refresh rate, regardless of what you set your framelimit to. If you wish to exceed your monitor's refresh rate you will have to replace Flip with Flip 0 in Main.bb and recompile the executable yourself in Blitz. Sorry Juicy :106:

EDIT: I may reimplement uncapped framerate separately from Framelimit by adding a vsync option to the options ini file. That should make things easier for everyone while still allowing people to uncap their fps if they choose to do so.
Last edited by risingstar64 on Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

I didn't have a problem. I was just getting carried away...

So you've never had the issue with 939's elevator?! Wow, you are lucky. Because usually 106 'kills' you whenever it happens, coz you see his eyes and hear him when it happens. And you die. I know, that sounds weird, but its what happens.
My YouTube account: https://www.youtube.com/user/BoltBarkingatthemoon
I know my avatar isn't exactly 'creative'. It's mostly so bronies can identify it but non-bronies have no idea.

risingstar64 wrote:Just wanted to bump this thread to let people know that a few small changes have been added addressing a few of the concerns with version 1.0.4. Also, vsync is now an officially supported option rather than being bundled with framelimit (note that to exceed your refresh rate you must set framelimit to 0 [or to your desired value] and set vsync to 0 as well) :173:
What is vsync? :? just curious.

risingstar64, may I have permission to use your source code for my nanomod? I'm just donna do tinny-tiny edits for my SCP: Eric Breach mod (since I just got Blitz3D yesterday). Also, do you know by any chance of an easy way to copy-paste code from an older version of a source code to a newer one (I'll assume you'll continue bugfixing) without having to search every part of the code on what to replace?
SCP: Eric Breach nanomod maker (if anyone wants to revamp it be my guest, as it is now defunct)
Fan of Doctor Who, Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, Sleepy Hollow, Person of Interest, Happy (2017) and Silicon Valley. And also MCU films.

autotroph wrote:risingstar64, may I have permission to use your source code for my nanomod? I'm just donna do tinny-tiny edits for my SCP: Eric Breach mod (since I just got Blitz3D yesterday). Also, do you know by any chance of an easy way to copy-paste code from an older version of a source code to a newer one (I'll assume you'll continue bugfixing) without having to search every part of the code on what to replace?
Yes, please feel free to use my edits for whatever you like. As for comparing text files, I normally use SVN for my own personal projects, which has a built-in tool to compare file versions. However, if you don't feel like setting up and learning tortoise-SVN you can just search google for diff tool and I'm sure you'll find plenty of sites and programs to compare file versions and highlight the differences for you. If you are not able to find a good diff tool or need help with anything, feel free to shoot me a PM and I'll try to help you out. Good Luck!