Re: Pacific Rim [Go see it!]

Baronobeefdip wrote:Yep, it's got great action sequences. No constant slow mo or a shaky camera. It also isn't toned down for kids, people die, people bleed and the Kaiju explode in giblets.
Wishes do come true. Sheeeeeyeeetttttt
I WANT TO [REDACTED] INSIDE TWILIGHT SPARKLE
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Atheros drivers SUCK!

CommanderPro100 wrote:Anybody notice that the computer was voiced by Ellen McLain, the same person who voiced Glados in Portal?
CommanderPro100 wrote:the same person who voiced Glados in Portal?
CommanderPro100 wrote:voiced Glados in Portal?
CommanderPro100 wrote:Glados
God dammit, the giant robots are gonna turn on us D:
spartan322 wrote:it is not every day that an SCP comes out of the closet.
"I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning sociopath."
My SCP playthrough
Trex plays Amnesia: AMFP

When I made a thread here for Pacific Rim, everyone just ignored the subject matter and started discussing After Earth. :roll:

Anyways, I'm a big fan of kaiju films like Godzilla and Mothra, so I was pretty hyped for Pacific Rim. Once I saw the film, I was not disappointed. It had likable characters, compelling stories, an intricately-constructed world, and lots of cool action scenes. Yeah it was pretty cheesy at times, but otherwise still loads of fun. And I was excited to see that many of the film's kaiju were callbacks to kaiju from older classic films. (Knifehead resembled Guiron, Raiju resembled Gabora, Otachi was like a mix between Rodan and Varan, etc).
Baronobeefdip wrote:It also isn't toned down for kids, people die, people bleed and the Kaiju explode in giblets.
Pfft. Are you kidding? Kids love that stuff.