tv shows and movies that remind you of SCP

I watched this movie 5 or so years ago called the lost room (I think) and when i think back i realize how much of it makes me think of SCP

Basically it's about a guy searching for 100 'objects' everyday items with weird effects. like a pen that microwaves everything it's pressed against and a bus ticket that teleports it's user to some route in the US.
ERIC IS LOVE, ERIC IS LIFE.

Re: tv shows and movies that remind you of SCP

Thank you for this hardcore nostalgia. I watched it like 5 years or longer ago too.
Now I searched it and i am watching it again. It is a small series btw.
After watching some minutes i remembered everthing. Elephant pancake ;P

I must think of something that remind me of SCP too.....
Maybe later i will remember something else. The lost room is a very good example.
I mean everything with a key that can open every door and lead to another destination remind of SCP.
SCP-860 is good :)

I am starting to think that this was the origin.

Fringe does remind me of SCP A LOT. But it is mostly anomalous Science, not objects. I hear Warehouse 13 might be similar to SCP, and some artifacts from Indiana Jones come to mind. The Andromeda Strain (from the novel and mini-series adaptation of the same name) was anomalous, ESPECIALLY if you consider where it comes from. No spoilers though :106:
Through observation of world events, and enduring life, one cannot deny the existence of the greed, intolerance, hate and immorals of past generations that corrupts the minds of future generations.

I have heard of comparisons towards Warehouse 13 in the past, and it figures; giant company sending agents out to different parts of the world to capture and contain anomalous objects? Quite a drastic similarity if you ask me.

Speaking of near-identical premises, there's Cabin in the Woods. Going into detail would be spoiling the movie, but those of you who have seen it will know exactly what I'm talking about.