A Question, Possibly Pointless

I don't want to start a flame war or anything, but. In light of recent events, both in various online places I go to, and IRL, it seems that the deep rooted ideals of the older generations, often biased or self serving, are forced upon the newer generations, in turn making their lives growing up harder if not miserable. Granted, to say that all of the older generations are like this would be biased as well, and I do know quite a few that are accepting, tolerant, and looking into the true well being of others. I just want to know what is up with this. If the mods feel that this will cause unnecessary drama, or be disruptive, feel free to lock it. Other wise, serious discussion would be nice to help me understand.
Through observation of world events, and enduring life, one cannot deny the existence of the greed, intolerance, hate and immorals of past generations that corrupts the minds of future generations.

Re: A Question, Possibly Pointless

Of people in our time. *sigh* I just don't understand why this happens anymore, I usually just dismiss it as life. But now, after a recent event in my personal life (a very good one :D ), I question these things.
Through observation of world events, and enduring life, one cannot deny the existence of the greed, intolerance, hate and immorals of past generations that corrupts the minds of future generations.

Do you mean the way the older generation try to force everything from their generation onto the newer generation? sure the new generation isn't as good (from our POV anyway) but is really worth the trouble to force it on people? if people want to stick with the new generation stuff, I'm not going to question it
A true friend is somebody who stands by you and comforts you when you feel down, this is why I love fridge raiders

Boatman wrote:the new generation has an exceptional tendency to be filth
And so that new generation, when no longer the new one, should force it's "Filth" onto the next generation as the law, the standard?

I do feel that there is a technical generation after me, though the age bracket is a bit blued due to my age (20, so I see it as anyone younger than 14 atm), but despite that fact that I feel rap and certain other things are filth, I don't try to force them to adopt my standards. But I am not others, so I want to know why others, and my elders, do this.