Re: Earthquake Interrupts Vlog

Woah, i know that feel bro. (We had 2 earthquakes in the same month, one 8.2 richter and the other 7.5 a day later. Chile sits just in the currently most active area of the ring of fire) I find it interesting to see the reactions of people not used to earthquakes.

Do you have any info on the magnitude it was? From what i saw in the vid it could've been a 4.5 or 5.0 richter; although the movement pattern seemed kind of unusual.
sup

roger copy bravo tango mango

Sorry about that. Like Irontaco, I'm from Chile too, and yet, after living in the country with the most earthquakes in the world, I'm still afraid of them. Anyways, I'm glad to see you're right. Irontaco also mentioned something about your video, and it's the movement pattern of the earthquake. I could see that the earthquake was divided based on time and that the floor was moving only every few seconds. Actually, I had never seen something more than a movie. Here in Chile they are all continuous movements and they increase in intensity with each passing second, of course it is based on my experience.
SCP classified documents
SCP-895 Containment chamber modification
D-9341 memoirs
Old topics of interest

From what i always think when earthquake will go on there WILL be casualties, man, i was lied whole live
Spoiler
Irontaco wrote:one 8.2 richter and the other 7.5 a day later.
and you're still alive whoa, 8.2? Why didn't the building go nuts?
Hello there is a mod where you can participate Better SCP-914. with your help 914 will be properly complicated and unpredictable :P You can help with theory or code, even an sugestion will be greatly apreciated :D

Hisamera wrote:From what i always think when earthquake will go on there WILL be casualties, man, i was lied whole live
Spoiler
Irontaco wrote:one 8.2 richter and the other 7.5 a day later.
and you're still alive whoa, 8.2? Why didn't the building go nuts?
They lived because of the magic of human ingenuity... and sacrifices to the gods...... mostly sacrifices.

Because we're mostly prepared and some of the buildings are built with earthquakes in mind (although most houses aren't). In the 8.2 one some houses were damaged (2000~), a few destroyed, and like 12 people died. Maybe the earthquake started too deep down or something. Then a tsunami alarm started and we slept in a car on the street (in the end the tsunami was like, 2 meters tall lol). We suffered no damages in my house except for some doors tightening up and a few things popping out of place. Maybe it's because the house is mostly wood.

Geo science dudes say it broke like 200km~ of a 400km~ fault and the 400km still need to break in a bigger earthquake which should happen eventually and will go past 8.5 richter and in that case we're probably gonna have a really bad time.

And yes, when there is a strong enough earthquake there WILL always be casualties. A tiny number out of heart attacks (mostly in elderly) which seems to happen quite commonly in earthquakes in the count of around 2-5~ people dead.

How often do you guys happen to have tremors and such over there? I know it's super rare but it still happens right?
sup

roger copy bravo tango mango

Irontaco wrote:How often do you guys happen to have tremors and such over there? I know it's super rare but it still happens right?
By over there I assume you mean Hisamera? I live in Cali by the San Andreas, haven't had some bad earthquakes but have had some minor shakers where worst case scenario a glass or a picture falls off the wall or counter.