Re: !! WARNING/ATTENTION !! Source/Steam Virus

SyphenTV wrote:
Awesomeguy147 wrote:
EDIT 2: Please do a Virus scan of these directory's!

*Everything Before*\Steam\steamapps\common

AND

*Everything Before*\Steam\steamapps\common\Source SDK Base 2013 Multiplayer <---- (ONLY IF YOU INSTALLED IT.)
what the hell is *everything before*.
C:\Program Files (x86)\ (x86 is only for 64 bit computers).

If you were a bit more observant, it's shown earlier in the OP.
I already found it after a bit more digging, but I will apologize, I was in a hurry.

SCP-173(themusicguy) wrote:
SyphenTV wrote:
SCP-173(themusicguy) wrote:hmmm ive never had this problem. then again i have avast. the only virus attempts ive ever had through steam ae those faggots that use the fucking screenshot scam. and my avast blocks that too.
Funny enough, I don't think Avast! stops Source games downloading stuff. Then again, you probably played CS:GO, TF2, or DOTA2, since those are patched.
Nope. Ive played Garry's Mod and No More Room In Hell. and ive been fine.
Ah, alright.

EDIT: You do know No More Room in Hell is infected, right?

SyphenTV wrote:NAWWWWW YOU DONT SAYYYYYY!?

but yea avast covers my shit on the spot.
Unless, of course, you give the source games access past your firewall, which you've probably done before without realizing it.

Code: Select all

Omniary: fuck you anglerfish can't smell
Dr. Trialtrex21: how you know bitch
Omniary: it probably could smell you though
could probably smell your fucking dank ass nasty powersuit structure gel trog ass enslaved protein bullshit sloshing in your suit from a mile away

Trialtrex21 wrote:
SyphenTV wrote:NAWWWWW YOU DONT SAYYYYYY!?

but yea avast covers my shit on the spot.
Unless, of course, you give the source games access past your firewall, which you've probably done before without realizing it.
Nope my avast stays on the spot. one time hl2.exe was infected and avast removed it. had to reinstall it again but it was fresh and uninfected.
Undertale Genocide Path:

(-_-) THE SMELL OF DEATH AND DESTRUCTION FILLS YOU WITH DETERMINATION

SCP-173(themusicguy) wrote:sorry if im asking a stupid question. but what exactly causes these viruses to get on your computer?
Pretty sure I explained it in a earlier comment/OP, but whenever you go onto a custom server (I.E: one not owned by the creators of the mod/a system the mod owners do not approve of), they can download a .exe file that the game will run. The game downloads this stuff willingly, since custom content is downloaded through stuff like that all the time, so, the game thinks it's custom content.