Re: Coming out of the closet

I live in Utah. Which is mostly Mormons. I was born and raised in the Mormon church. When I turned 16 I started to really question what can only be described as being forced feed the faith of my parents.

When I was 18, I was finally able to leave my parents house and move in to adult life.

I had a crisis of faith and started to seek out alternatives.

My folks are pretty narrow minded when it comes to faith. They say they must be tollerent but my lovely and very lesbian cousin has been excluded by everyone but me. My atheist uncle has felt the same cold exclusion. And I know that if my folks where to ever find out that my bother is gay or that I am a Wiccan coven founder, we would both be left cold.

Very few people that know me know about my pagan faith other then my wife fewer know that my bother and I know the others secret.

I love my family dearly. I never want to loose them. So when mom and dad or anyone that knows my family in any way shape or form is under the impression that I am an inactive member of the Mormon church.

My family name has a rather well known reputation of being ideal Mormons in my part of Utah.
From Intake Log for D-7165-68, Male, Caucasian, Age 28:
Dr. ██████ : "Do you know why you are here? Do you know how you came to be here?"
D-7165-68 : "Not really Doc. One moment I was watching the lethal injection pumps drop, the next I was still alive and here."