Re: SCPCBIrrlicht

juanjpro wrote:Video
For once Juan beat me to it.
𝙱𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚣𝟹𝙳 𝙴𝚛𝚛𝚘𝚛(!): 𝙿𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚞𝚝𝚝𝚘𝚗 𝚛𝚊𝚙𝚒𝚍𝚕𝚢 𝚒𝚜𝚗'𝚝 𝚐𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚎𝚕𝚎𝚟𝚊𝚝𝚘𝚛 𝚖𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚏𝚊𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛.

Re-enabling shaders. Fog will no longer be a post-processing effect, since that caused blending issues with transparent objects such as windows.

I'm going to implement the alarm event (the event with the guard and the intercom guy walking away from 173) soon. Since guards and scientists don't do anything other than follow the same paths every time, they won't be implemented as NPCs at all, instead they'll be implemented as models moving around during events.

juanjpro wrote:Re-enabling shaders. Fog will no longer be a post-processing effect, since that caused blending issues with transparent objects such as windows.

I'm going to implement the alarm event (the event with the guard and the intercom guy walking away from 173) soon. Since guards and scientists don't do anything other than follow the same paths every time, they won't be implemented as NPCs at all, instead they'll be implemented as models moving around during events.
It sucks that you couldn't get the guards and scientists working, but I suppose event-only models is better than no models at all.

KirbyMario12345 wrote:It sucks that you couldn't get the guards and scientists working, but I suppose event-only models is better than no models at all.
It's not that I couldn't get them working as NPCs, it's just that they don't do anything if an event isn't there to control them, so it would be pointless to give them the properties of the other NPCs. Making them simply moving models (and sometimes colliders) makes things a lot easier and less bug prone. Players won't notice the difference, it's just a behind-the-scenes thing.

juanjpro wrote:
KirbyMario12345 wrote:It sucks that you couldn't get the guards and scientists working, but I suppose event-only models is better than no models at all.
It's not that I couldn't get them working as NPCs, it's just that they don't do anything if an event isn't there to control them, so it would be pointless to give them the properties of the other NPCs. Making them simply moving models (and sometimes colliders) makes things a lot easier and less bug prone. Players won't notice the difference, it's just a behind-the-scenes thing.
Ah okay.