The Afterlife

Belief in the afterlife is really just a flip of a coin. Science has no real proof that it actually exists, except when it comes to ghosts, but even then it remains contraversial as ghosts aren't exactly excepted by a sizable portion of the population as being real either. What it boils brown to is what evidence does the individual believe they have to prove one way or the other. The religious, believers in ghosts, and a few others all believe in the afterlife, generally speaking.

My question to you guys is do you believe in life after death, and what's your reasoning for it?

I do believe
Spoiler
For me, it all started with coming to believe that ghosts actually exist. Now, I believe I know ghosts exist not only because my dad has told me stories about the ghosts he encountered as a kid, but the overwhelming time frame in which humanity has mentioned them. Dating as far back as Roman times if I'm not mistaken.
This belief also includes demons, who through exorcisms, tend to scream and yell at the sound, sight, smell, or feel of anything religious. The one religion in particular that we see exorcists is the Christian faith, which teaches the Bible. In the Bible, God generally says "be good and you will be with me forever in paradise."
Since Earth is obviously no paradise, He must be referring to Heaven which, as we all know, is the afterlife.
Last edited by Zackonark on Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a lead developer of the SCP Containment Breach Unity Remake. Check it out! You might enjoy it
Official Website

Re: The Afterlife

This seems like a semi-appropriate place to put this, the question is, why does life demand so much from us in the first place?

I believe that once we die, that we shut off completely sort of like those nights where you feel you haven't dreamed only you don't wake up, every thing is just dark and there's nothing there, not even yourself, because you are not aware that you slept, the passage of time goes by, you only know you were asleep when you wake up, now in believing this you must know that I am very scared of dying mostly because I feel that is just it, there's really nothing else there it's sort of like when a non-looped script reaches it's end, all the effects that made things possible have passed, but I am not a coward in that sense of I am afraid of death, I will not watch someone else die in front of me without defending them.
Mandatory blank signature, here.

I have three main ways I like to imagine the Afterlife being like:

After you die, everyone comes together and hangs out like the "behind-the-scenes" of a movie, the movie being your life. The guy who bullied you in high school? He's applauding your acting and has a fresh batch of his baked cookies ready and waiting for you. Person who wrecked your car in an accident? He needs a ride back to his studio and says he'd prefer riding with the main actor (you obviously). And so on and so forth. It's a never-ending "done filming the movie" kinda thing, and not a care in the world is had.

My other way would be that depending on what good and bad you've done (did you obey the laws that applied to you), you get to talk to an omniscient version of yourself (subconscious you could say), and you get to live in another life exactly the same as that one, but make some changes. If you didn't want someone to be president, then they wouldn't be in the next life.

My last and favorite of the three is that you choose your own afterlife. The afterlife is what you want it to be. For me I'd probably prefer number two of this list. For others, some would want to go to Heaven. Others would probably just wanna be in bed for all eternity eating Hot Pockets because fuck that sounds great. Every flavor and you never get full.

A bit silly but just some ways I like to think about it since we don't know for sure what comes after death.

Like an earlier post, I do not believe in the afterlife in any way shape or form. You are born, you live, and you die. I believe there is nothing beyond that.
[url=steam://friends/add/76561198041004756]
[/url]

Science for the Science God!

I have a unique way of looking at it, the afterlife. I believe in a personal heaven which shapes itself based on your thoughts. You, your interests, family and friends, and anything can happen with a single thought.

Although I consider myself Christian, I never have much interest in religion other than shouting blasphemies every few seconds.

That being said, I'm expecting a Hazardous Environment Suit waiting for me beyond the grave.
STEAM
## LOG OFF.

UnknownGlaze wrote:I have three main ways I like to imagine the Afterlife being like:

After you die, everyone comes together and hangs out like the "behind-the-scenes" of a movie, the movie being your life. The guy who bullied you in high school? He's applauding your acting and has a fresh batch of his baked cookies ready and waiting for you. Person who wrecked your car in an accident? He needs a ride back to his studio and says he'd prefer riding with the main actor (you obviously). And so on and so forth. It's a never-ending "done filming the movie" kinda thing, and not a care in the world is had.

My other way would be that depending on what good and bad you've done (did you obey the laws that applied to you), you get to talk to an omniscient version of yourself (subconscious you could say), and you get to live in another life exactly the same as that one, but make some changes. If you didn't want someone to be president, then they wouldn't be in the next life.

My last and favorite of the three is that you choose your own afterlife. The afterlife is what you want it to be. For me I'd probably prefer number two of this list. For others, some would want to go to Heaven. Others would probably just wanna be in bed for all eternity eating Hot Pockets because fuck that sounds great. Every flavor and you never get full.

A bit silly but just some ways I like to think about it since we don't know for sure what comes after death.
i dont know what to put here, so.....

Patriarchy!

...because women are pure evil, rite? i mean they are all pure sjw, rite? rite?