Re: SCP Suggestions General

I suggest the inclusion of scp-055. The thing that no one can remember. I propose it because the idea I had seemed not too hard to create, based what is already used on the game, and because it is a pretty important scp. Also its contaiment protocols are pretty easy to reproduce ingame.

The appearance of its chamber should be similar to the one of scp-374, with another chamber inside but this one being totally metallic and closed, the document of this scp should always be here. That chamber requires a keycard to open. Once you use the keycard and the noise of the door starts, the screen would go black for some seconds while some noises can be heard and the player then would be teleported to the keycard-panel near the outside of the blast doors of the chamber, recovering his sight afterwards, with a message like 'WTF has happened? I was inside just a moment ago', and if he tries to go back the blast doors should not open again, instead they would make some broken noises. Maybe some object, like a medkit or a document unrelated to scp-055, could be given to the player during the black out.

But if he has the scp-055 document, the document would change, showing a handwritten message over all of it it: 'Block the doors. Escape. It is not safe. IT IS NOT CONTAINED.'

Thoughts?
God is perfect -> Nobody is perfect -> I'm nobody --> I'm perfect --> I'm God.

I see a lot of people suggest SCP because they "would be easy to implement". Wouldn't it be better to chose a SCP because they would improve the game rather than suggest a SCP because they are easy to implement?
-Resident Bacon Fanatic-

I think in some cases, harder to implement SCP's tend to be more worthwhile, I remember when 096 was first being talked about and there was alot of talk about how hard it would be to put him in and interact with him because the whole inst-death thing but look how successful he is. In the case of 1346, yeah its easy but what does it add? A corridor you cant go down because it brings up your worst fear? That requires the humanizing of the D-Class you play, but as it is, the D-class is YOU so it would just be random creepy hallucinations that dont really add to the overall feel of the game. I personally feel that we need more living and active SCP's before we start adding safe SCp's just for the sake of having them. I throw my vote in again for SCP-098, the Surgeon Crabs http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-098

I have a couple of suggestions for 'non-lethal' SCPs, the sort you can pick up and carry around with you (not that you'd want to).

1. SCP 735 - The Insult Box. The player could find it in its cell, and it would start talking smack to him/her with its classic insulting monologue. When and if the player picks it up, the box would continue to deride him on how badly he's doing and how hopeless the situation is. If it's dropped and left behind, it yells back something along the lines of "Oh, running away are we? You pansy! Come back, I'm not done with you yet!"

2. SCP 1722 - The Curmudgeon's Walking Stick. The player takes it from the storage locker and it edits any documents in his/her possession, adding its standard scathing commentary to anything the player is carrying. The effects would probably be permanent as per the canon, but the player should be able to negate the effects by dropping it.

I also greatly approve of adding the Plague Doctor, he would be a great addition to an all-star SCP cast.

Tomgrakk wrote:Indeed they do. I would have suggested a way to implement 049 into the game, but I think you hit the nail on the head already.
Say it boh!

EDIT: Finally did a quick sketch of the Larger 049
I was thinking, when he is idle or not chasing the player his layers of clothing could remain "wrapped" around him, but when he starts chasing the player at full speed his coat and cloak could spread out a bit, making him appear even larger and more threatening.

A Hideous Beast wrote:
Tomgrakk wrote:Indeed they do. I would have suggested a way to implement 049 into the game, but I think you hit the nail on the head already.
Say it boh!

EDIT: Finally did a quick sketch of the Larger 049

-snip- I was thinking, when he is idle or not chasing the player his layers of clothing could remain "wrapped" around him, but when he starts chasing the player at full speed his coat and cloak could spread out a bit, making him appear even larger and more threatening.
All of my yes.
Uhm. Yeah, can't come up with anything.