Re: Multiplayer mod - UNRELEASED

ShadowZ wrote:Many clients. Dunno whats the limit :)

Also, the server will be setupable on linux vps. So predict online servers :)
holy fuck

welcome back :>
sup

roger copy bravo tango mango

I uh wasn't aware that there was an official scale that judges how hard coding is. The more you know, I guess. But if I had such a scale in my possession, I'd say pretty damn hard.

The engine is COMPLETELY against the multiplayer. All objects are separated, straggled all around the code. Event handling is weird, NPC's are each different, so we can't send them with any standard. We need to create piece of code for any single npc, we still don't know anything about the ending and how will it work (although we started a talk about round system, more details later).

Also count in that we need to work about standard multiplayer features, like interpolation or animated class-D model. Prediction, limited trust, lag compensation. That's not easy, guys. I will try to record a vid when my animation code is working. Currently Im struggling with player's model (class D has shitload of animations, but only few are usable and look good), when it's done I will try to give you guys a sneak peek.

Animations are pretty much done.

We thought about a feature to choose your own model texture. As none of us is good at texturing, we would like to see your artwork that might be added to the mod.

The format should fit the classD model, simmilar to the two textures already found in GFX folder. Thats all. Upload anywhere. Textures can be male/female, skin color does not matter. They just should look fine, at least acceptable in release. Thanks in advance :)

Thanks, I will ask him for permission. I will also make your models fit into D-class suits :)

For now, here, hold this. Just a quick peek at what I'm currently working on: Making the mod look somehow good :)
The D-1234 is generated in real time :D Just a quick feature I thought would be nice :)
Spoiler
We also have fluent gameplay without any players wobbling! That means mod is now a bit playable.
Juan has almost finished "wearable" items.

What we still have to do, is gas, sounds, finish most events, finish rest of npc's.
Currently working npcs: :173: :106: :096:

Boy, this is gonna be good once is finished! Say, it's possible that one player goes to turn off the door system and the other goes to have the talk with 079 at the same time?