Flickering map resulting in game crashing [RESOLVED]

So, I have a windows 10 HP laptop, 8gb of ram, processor intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6200U, CPU 2.30GHZ 2.40GHZ (i'm presuming it's a dual core), 64 bit operating system.

Alright, I play the game on 1240x720, fullscreen, I start without intro. I'll walk around, and sometimes randomly when I get to a new area of the map, the map starts flickering, the floors and flashing between floors, and invisble, so I can see through the map, and the whole map is doing this, then this causes my game to lag alot, I move away from the area that caused it but it still goes on. And eventually my game crashes. I also got this other one when I walked out of 173's chamber room into the downstairs area, all of a sudden the screen froze, but the walls were stretching and getting thicker, and the screen got smaller and smaller, but I couldn't look around, so I quit the game.

I know this is a great game and I'd love to play it, but sadly this is preventing me from doing so. Please help me. Thanks for reading.
Last edited by darkplasmaray on Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Re: Flickering map resulting in game crashing

darkplasmaray wrote:So, I have a windows 10 HP laptop, 8gb of ram, processor intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6200U, CPU 2.30GHZ 2.40GHZ (i'm presuming it's a dual core), 64 bit operating system.

Alright, I play the game on 1240x720, fullscreen, I start without intro. I'll walk around, and sometimes randomly when I get to a new area of the map, the map starts flickering, the floors and flashing between floors, and invisble, so I can see through the map, and the whole map is doing this, then this causes my game to lag alot, I move away from the area that caused it but it still goes on. And eventually my game crashes. I also got this other one when I walked out of 173's chamber room into the downstairs area, all of a sudden the screen froze, but the walls were stretching and getting thicker, and the screen got smaller and smaller, but I couldn't look around, so I quit the game.

I know this is a great game and I'd love to play it, but sadly this is preventing me from doing so. Please help me. Thanks for reading.
This might have something to do with the game's engine. While your computer might be able to handle it, but the engine it self can not handle the game sometimes and can load too many things at one time. I mean, the engine was made back in like, what, the early 2000's? engines like blitz3d since then have gone outdated, and ones like unreal and unity have since become modern and dominant public game engines, because they're able to handle things blitz3d can't. these bugs your encountering are likely the result of the game loading too many thing for the engine to handle, and the flashing floors and walls may just be the response of the lag, not the source.
Isn't blitz3d the best engine?
:duck:

Metroid construction: http://forum.metroidconstruction.com/in ... le;u=40862

darkplasmaray wrote:So, I have a windows 10 HP laptop, 8gb of ram, processor intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6200U, CPU 2.30GHZ 2.40GHZ (i'm presuming it's a dual core), 64 bit operating system.

This happens a lot with windows 10...
ReptileMonster wrote:

This might have something to do with the game's engine. While your computer might be able to handle it, but the engine it self can not handle the game sometimes and can load too many things at one time. I mean, the engine was made back in like, what, the early 2000's? engines like blitz3d since then have gone outdated, and ones like unreal and unity have since become modern and dominant public game engines, because they're able to handle things blitz3d can't. these bugs your encountering are likely the result of the game loading too many thing for the engine to handle, and the flashing floors and walls may just be the response of the lag, not the source.
Isn't blitz3d the best engine?
Yeah pretty much haha, I have footage of the map flickering and breaking that I keep forgetting to upload

darkplasmaray wrote:I tried turning off the bump mapping, it was working at first, but then later on I went next to SCP 012's chamber door and tried to unlock it with a keycard, and then the whole map started flickering black, except for all the doors, which were flickering white.
well, like I said, this could be the result of the game loading too many things at one time, causing the game to lag so badly, the textures begin to freak out.
:duck:

Metroid construction: http://forum.metroidconstruction.com/in ... le;u=40862