Re: Mod request: jumping

That Same Anon wrote:You might think this is worthless, and it is practically. But in gate A, i noticed you can balance on the edge of the railing above the stairs and fall down, so why not jump? Also falling damage( same as shot in leg )
Maybe, but I dont have Bliz3D so I'm not so sure if the coding will allow it.
STEAM
## LOG OFF.

That Same Anon wrote:well i'd love it. just imagine jumping around... boing boing boing... OH ANDDD A FSYIKS ENJIN AND AND AND just kidding jumping would be hilarious. imagine jumping down 895's staircase, through the middle :D
Then you break your leg, as 106 starts to appear. He get close.
Closer.
And closer!
You try to get up, to no avail.
You finally get up! You turn your head, only to see 106 corrosive hand about to femaledogslapyou.
You are in the Pocket Dimension, very hurt. Your leg hurts. You hear the old man's laughter.
You turn around. It's over.
You Died.
Uhm. Yeah, can't come up with anything.

CLgaming wrote:Maybe, but I dont have Bliz3D so I'm not so sure if the coding will allow it.
It's easy to add, you could do it with just one line of code. Something like:

Code: Select all

If KeyHit(jump_key) Then Dropspeed = -0.x
I still don't think I'm going to add it in the actual game. There's not really any use for it, and it would require some changes to some rooms (like making sure the player can't jump over any railings that he's not supposed to get past).

CLgaming wrote:Maybe, but I dont have Bliz3D so I'm not so sure if the coding will allow it.
You can edit the .BB files in notepad, you just need someone to compile them. I'm also running on a trial version, on which my days are starting to draw short...
Regalis wrote: It's easy to add, you could do it with just one line of code.
But you would also have to either take out the manual blink, or re-map the blinking.
Regalis wrote:

Yes. But do you need a function to handle the Y value's speed, or does Blitz3D handle it automatically?
Regalis wrote: There's not really any use for it, and it would require some changes to some rooms (like making sure the player can't jump over any railings that he's not supposed to get past).
I tried making a broken version of room3pit, so the player couldn't go into some rooms.

mrpeanut188 wrote:
Regalis wrote:

Yes. But do you need a function to handle the Y value's speed, or does Blitz3D handle it automatically?
The dropspeed-variable is used to determine how fast the player is falling, so all you have to do is change its value when the jump key is pressed. Obviously you also have to make sure the player is touching the floor when jumping, but you could just put the line inside the part in MovePlayer-function where the collision with the floor is checked.

That Same Anon wrote:tell me how to code this please regalis i will love you forever i need to jump through 895

oh, by the way: doesn't 106 only appear when you get INTO the coffin room? and 2: such a fall would probably kill you :P
Dooon't queesstionn meeee! It could be a nice Easter Egg.
Uhm. Yeah, can't come up with anything.

Regalis wrote:
mrpeanut188 wrote: Yes. But do you need a function to handle the Y value's speed, or does Blitz3D handle it automatically?
The dropspeed-variable is used to determine how fast the player is falling, so all you have to do is change its value when the jump key is pressed.
Yes, to be clearer, I was asking whether there is a move function, or you could set a coordinate variable, and the engine would auto-move the person to the coords.

Ummm, I had to leave during the writing, and came back several hours later, and I have no idea what I was trying to say after the above.